You don't bow up at me in my house!

hypersaurusrex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

This is not a funny thing. The cat is terrified when this happens and serious injury can result. Now that you have kittens of your own, please be sure to cut the handles of any bags you may let them play in.

Congratulations on your new kittens, but please don't think of them as "monsters". they are kittens and will wreak havoc, because that's what kittens do.
No, I don't truly think of them as 'monsters'. I have a tendency to add 'monster' to the end of a lot of nouns, for example 'deer monsters' or 'cow monsters'. I sometimes joke that my kids will grow up thinking that 'deer monster' is the proper term for deer. They are my babies and they are quite well behaved for being ten weeks. And don't worry, I don't leave handled bags around for them to get stuck in. The cat in my original house was not mine, so I didn't have a say in that sort of stuff.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HyperSaurusRex

No, I don't truly think of them as 'monsters'. I have a tendency to add 'monster' to the end of a lot of nouns, for example 'deer monsters' or 'cow monsters'. I sometimes joke that my kids will grow up thinking that 'deer monster' is the proper term for deer. They are my babies and they are quite well behaved for being ten weeks. And don't worry, I don't leave handled bags around for them to get stuck in. The cat in my original house was not mine, so I didn't have a say in that sort of stuff.
Thanks for explaining. I feel a bit better that it's just a habit and you do not think of your kittens as monsters.

I just get worried when I think people are thinking of their kittens in a negative way, and possibly expecting too much out of them.

hypersaurusrex

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

Thanks for explaining. I feel a bit better that it's just a habit and you do not think of your kittens as monsters.

I just get worried when I think people are thinking of their kittens in a negative way, and possibly expecting too much out of them.
I completely understand. It's similar to some parents expecting their 2 year old to be miniature adults. I'm really enjoying their babyhood and am looking forward to seeing what they grow into.

Back to the topic, lately one of my kittens has taken to stalking me from one side of a box with me hiding on the other, and when we sneak into each other's view, she jumps up on her hind legs and looks like she wants to give me a bear hug and then does the little sideways dance.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HyperSaurusRex

Back to the topic, lately one of my kittens has taken to stalking me from one side of a box with me hiding on the other, and when we sneak into each other's view, she jumps up on her hind legs and looks like she wants to give me a bear hug and then does the little sideways dance.
I love that Game! It's called Hide and Peek at my house.