You Can Only Keep 3

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Though I'd argue that I don't get to "keep" the cats. I think they keep me. I'm certainly far more disposable to them than they are to me.
:flail:I know that feeling! :heartshape:

As there is no way I could add a dog right now, though I do miss them, I would have to choose:

Cats
Books
Netflix

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You found the loophole in the game. Good thinking! :thumbsup:
I'm wondering how the cat made you give up coffee, marmoset marmoset .
When we adopted our cat Choo Choo she totally changed my morning routine. She was around 5/ 6 months old and built solid and round with the behavior more like a Pompalonean bull than a cat.

I'd wake up and she'd shoot around me and be a bit destructive getting into all sorts of trouble (she also got a lot of footballer injuries in those first few months but those are other stories).

My old routine was to wake up do my stretches and slowly make my way to the kitchen where I'd set up the coffee and sit at the computer while it brewed. It was a brief time of leisure before starting my day.

But Choo Choo had a totally different expectation of how mornings were supposed to go. She demanded interaction- militantly. I had to wear her out before I could do anything and it took about 40 minutes of high energy play to wear her out. If I cut things short and tried to sit at the computer with a cup of joe she'd grab a wand toy and drop it down the back of my chair and then go in circles around me until I was wrapped up in the fabric. Tied and unable to move until I undid the strands of wand toy.

She did it so quick I'd go from reading some post and then find my arms were tied down.

Eventually I just let her routine take over mine. For a few weeks I'd leave the coffee half-made or made but left on the burner so it got bitter and unpalateable and over time I just got out of the habit.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we adopted our cat Choo Choo she totally changed my morning routine. She was around 5/ 6 months old and built solid and round with the behavior more like a Pompalonean bull than a cat.

I'd wake up and she'd shoot around me and be a bit destructive getting into all sorts of trouble (she also got a lot of footballer injuries in those first few months but those are other stories).

My old routine was to wake up do my stretches and slowly make my way to the kitchen where I'd set up the coffee and sit at the computer while it brewed. It was a brief time of leisure before starting my day.

But Choo Choo had a totally different expectation of how mornings were supposed to go. She demanded interaction- militantly. I had to wear her out before I could do anything and it took about 40 minutes of high energy play to wear her out. If I cut things short and tried to sit at the computer with a cup of joe she'd grab a wand toy and drop it down the back of my chair and then go in circles around me until I was wrapped up in the fabric. Tied and unable to move until I undid the strands of wand toy.

She did it so quick I'd go from reading some post and then find my arms were tied down.

Eventually I just let her routine take over mine. For a few weeks I'd leave the coffee half-made or made but left on the burner so it got bitter and unpalateable and over time I just got out of the habit.
I'm not laughing at you...just with you. :flail: They're SO smart.
I've heard of a cat that belonged to a battered spouse, that constantly chewed at their wedding ring. I heard of another cat that belonged to a lovely man (yes, a man) that was engaged to a really wicked little girl, when the girl went into her dramatic demands (with yelling, throwing things, cursing, the whole deal), the cat attacked her, and I read that she left him (not without drama). He later found a nice gal and they got married.
I don't know if these stories are true but it would be really stupid to make this stuff up.
Baby Girl has this weird routine. I wake early, feed animals (takes 1/2 - 1 hr. usually), then I make coffee, and the sound of the the coffee going into the pot sends her into a frenzy and she usually makes me trip once or 34 times as I'm just trying to grab a cup. I don't feed her anything when I make coffee but the sound of the percolating makes her nuts. So either she wants to me to give it up, or wants some for herself.
Baby Girl on coffee is not something I'd wish to see. My face would resemble shredded cheese, the fire department would be called to put out the blaze and she'd be in the mountains, innocently playing with a toy like she had nothing to do with it all.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not laughing at you...just with you. :flail: They're SO smart.
I've heard of a cat that belonged to a battered spouse, that constantly chewed at their wedding ring. I heard of another cat that belonged to a lovely man (yes, a man) that was engaged to a really wicked little girl, when the girl went into her dramatic demands (with yelling, throwing things, cursing, the whole deal), the cat attacked her, and I read that she left him (not without drama). He later found a nice gal and they got married.
I don't know if these stories are true but it would be really stupid to make this stuff up.
Baby Girl has this weird routine. I wake early, feed animals (takes 1/2 - 1 hr. usually), then I make coffee, and the sound of the the coffee going into the pot sends her into a frenzy and she usually makes me trip once or 34 times as I'm just trying to grab a cup. I don't feed her anything when I make coffee but the sound of the percolating makes her nuts. So either she wants to me to give it up, or wants some for herself.
Baby Girl on coffee is not something I'd wish to see. My face would resemble shredded cheese, the fire department would be called to put out the blaze and she'd be in the mountains, innocently playing with a toy like she had nothing to do with it all.
There's a behaviorist who has written a few books about cats that "acted out" when someone in the family needed to make a change. For their personal benefit (like how I was drinking too much coffee) or acting out because a spouse was bringing in someone in behind the partners back. Cats and animals in general are able to pick up on change and our own energies. So I don't doubt the stories you've mentioned. I really think animals are in tune with a part of existence that we are to pre-occupied with the stress of modern living to tap into.

So glad you aren't swiss-cheese faced and needing firefighters! It's good to know how to work with your animal-kin to avoid those situations!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Cats , coffee and......

...by make-up do you mean things like moisturisers, sun blocks, hand creams, conditioners, shampoo and bubble bath?

If that all comes under make-up that's my third. If not my third is more coffee.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats, books, tacos, but since most tacos come with cheese maybe I could sneak some in. :please:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats, Dogs and Coffee. Nothing beats them.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say my cats,dogs and coffee.I can live without the rest...not happily perhaps,but....