You can only have one - Pie version

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
But is that ‘peek an’ or ‘peekan?’ I’m told it makes the taste different. Especially if it has whiskey.
It's neither. It's p'cahn. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and I know the difference. Ask Chip and Joanna Gaines.
DH and I have been having a good natured argument about this for 20 years. :lol: Pe-can! Not Puh-cahn.

I’m intrigued by the whiskey idea. I don’t drink often and I can’t recall ever having whiskey unless it was in a recipe maybe. But alcohol does seem to enhance flavor in other things so why not?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I have been having a good natured argument about this for 20 years. :lol: Pe-can! Not Puh-cahn.

I’m intrigued by the whiskey idea. I don’t drink often and I can’t recall ever having whiskey unless it was in a recipe maybe. But alcohol does seem to enhance flavor in other things so why not?
I've seen recipes that called for bourbon. I never had the bourbon on hand to try it, but it sounds very good to me. I can't eat it at all now because of diabetes, and all it is is corn syrup thickened with eggs and p'cahns.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Strawberry, though everything has potential except pumpkin! Shoney's strawberry, to be specific.

In Georgia, where you could pick pecans straight off the trees in our yard and nobody cared, it was pronounced Pea-con or Pea-can. Lifetime residents usually went with Pea-can; my family always said, "Pea-con." As long as it was good, I never cared. :lol:

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Cherry! Kind of wishing for that instead of the apple and pumpkin i made for Christmas!
My favorite pie to make because its so so easy. I love refrigerated Pillsbury Pie crusts, and always use canned cherry pie filling so you can get a cherry pie put together and in the oven in five minutes.