YOOOOO HOOOOO Susan/Rosiemac!! This reminded me so much of you!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Arrgh - I hate modern technology sometimes. I typed my reply to this and my computer dumped out - 4 times
. Now I've got to try and remember what I said - I knew that second glass of wine at the pub wasn't a good idea

I meet LOADS of people from other countries where I work. Lots of people come to visit Coventry Cathedral - the old cathedral was destroyed during the Second World War. A new cathedral has been built next door. We hold our graduation ceremonies there, and many tourists line the road to watch us process in our regalia from the Uni to the Cathedral.

EDIT: This is the bit I forgot after the computer crashed! The reason we get so many visitors is because the Cathedral and a research centre in the department where I work are now centres for Peace and Reconciliation.

I can often be found helping lost tourists at lunchtime when I'm making my way back to the Cathedral

It is often said that we have one of the best views from a University in the Country so if you don't mind indulging me I thought I'd share

The new cathedral - I can see this from my office window

The old cathedral (ruin) - view from the Uni

Looking towards the Uni

The old stained glass still in place

My lovely view from my office window

Enjoy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh Beth, what beautiful pics!!!