Yikes!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a stoke Feb 13 and they said it was because I am overly stressed and my BP was so darn high. Yes I have hypertension but it was only prehypertention then all of a sudden it tries to kill me. I am wondering if it is linked to the generic BC I am on that regulates my periods now but when hubby was alive I used it for BC I just never stoped taking it. I had a exam done 2-8-06

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

I had a stoke Feb 13 and they said it was because I am overly stressed and my BP was so darn high. Yes I have hypertension but it was only prehypertention then all of a sudden it tries to kill me. I am wondering if it is linked to the generic BC I am on that regulates my periods now but when hubby was alive I used it for BC I just never stoped taking it. I had a exam done 2-8-06
My doc put me on extremely low-dose pills because of my high blood pressure, then I go in for a checkup four months later and she mentions that the low-dose pills are a less effective
! I didn't realize that, was extremely, uh, active during that time and I'm a horrible pill taker (don't take them at the same time everyday, and sometimes, ok, lots of times I forget
I almost had a heart attack cause of that! put me on the regular dosage for pete's sake!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My problem with this case is that you guys are just now being notified of this. I found out 2 months ago... So over the past 2 months (at the very least) you guys could have become pregnant while thinking you were taking precautions not to... That really infuriates me This news should have been released in all the means possible. I am talking newspapers, tv, etc. It would have been nice if the pharmacies reviewed their records and made a phone call to all of their customers they were filling those prescriptions for. BC really isn't something to play around with.
This makes me furious! It's not something you mess around with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

My doc put me on extremely low-dose pills because of my high blood pressure, then I go in for a checkup four months later and she mentions that the low-dose pills are a less effective
! I didn't realize that, was extremely, uh, active during that time and I'm a horrible pill taker (don't take them at the same time everyday, and sometimes, ok, lots of times I forget
I almost had a heart attack cause of that! put me on the regular dosage for pete's sake!
Wow! That's nuts! Talk about not really helping your high blood pressure!

I was told by a doctor that you don't have to take it at the SAME TIME everyday, they just say that so it'll help remind you to take the pill (it's 8 AM! I have to take my pill!)...just as long as you take one everyday you're still good!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Wow! That's nuts! Talk about not really helping your high blood pressure!

I was told by a doctor that you don't have to take it at the SAME TIME everyday, they just say that so it'll help remind you to take the pill (it's 8 AM! I have to take my pill!)...just as long as you take one everyday you're still good!
no kidding! well I've been on the pill for over 10 years and no babies, so I figure its working pretty good
knock on wood!!!!!!