Yikes!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My stess meter is off the map right now. Met with my college advisor this morning, had a tour of the campus, had lunch (courtesy of the school) picked up my supplies and start school next week!

She was a really neat lady and said with my grades being so good from the last college that I can go for a 2 year program and at the end of that time period (if all goes okay) I will not only graduate with two professional buisness certificates, but also a degree! It means I have to take some advanced classes that I was not anticipating, but all it all, it looks like the way to go for me.

So my pencils are sharpened, though my brain feels like it is numb right now from all the information, and I am now a full-fledged student! I also qualified for a Pell grant, which means that money I don't have to pay back- so that helps take some of the pressure off.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is fantastic! I sure you will do amazing because you are an amazing person! What type of courses are you taking? Any time you need to toss off ideas for your course, you know we'll help you here!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy;

That all sounds so fantastic! Don't you worry, you're gonna hoe out this field one weed at a time.

Every large task looks insurmountable from the beginning. I can hardly believe that less than 2 years ago I was in the same place that you are today. This summer I will have my masters. And I can't believe it has flown by so quickly.

I know you are up to this.

Take a little GSE and calm down.

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tremendous! Sounds like somewhat of a blessing in disguise...a degree and two certificates for a little extra effort...

Hissy, I'm sure you're up to the challenge. That 2 years will roll by before you know it. Good for you!

Keep us posted, if you have the time!

Go get `em!

Bill

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Math workshop (ugh!).......MS Word for Business......Medical Terminology.....Formatting.....Speech......First Aid & CPR.....

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD FOR YOU!!! It's so great that you are able to do this. I wish you all the best. I know you'll be busy, but please keep us posted on you progress.

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're gonna do JUST FINE! That is all that needs to be said; except, that we believe in you, and if I can help in any way from so many miles away; I will. Even if it's just to ask(as
:foot: said ) Have ya' done your homework ?

donna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy,

What 3LK said!
We are all so proud of you and know you'll do just fine.

sunlion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with Dawn, it sounds like fun! Except, I like math and could do without the CPR and first aid. What kind of math is it? I'll help you out if I can.

I think older students have the advantage over younger students. You are motivated, you are focussed, you have all that life experience behind you, you know how to prioritize, you won't get caught up in the social life and blow off classes, and you'll value it more because you earned it yourself, it wasn't a gift from your parents kind of thing.

You can do it. It will be a lot of work, but I have complete confidence in you. And if you get overwhelmed, well, not such a big deal to slow down and attend one more semester. I know lots of ladies who've done that (I went to Lesley College in Cambridge as an adult, almost 100% women, mostly divorced, all looking to better themselves, very cool). You're in good company, woman, and you can do this.

cleo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just want to echo what all else have said...and wish you the best!
I think it's great you're doing this, and I'm sure you'll succeed!

I wish I had the motivation to further my education, and I admire you greatly for your ambition and drive.

Knock 'em Dead!