Yikes! Face absess. (photos)

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MAXCAT08

My rule of thumb re: Vet visits.....if it's nagging at me.....take them in......they can't talk...they don't even complain if they're sick.
This is so true! I think that's why many of them get diagnosed so late in an illness. They're champs at acting like everything's okay.

A few days before my cat died, he was already hospitalized and blood studies showed his system had stopped producing blood cells, so he had something like 50 when he should have had 5,000. But he was still walking around, sweet as pie (to me, not to the vet techs!) and the vet said if he were a dog, he'd be conked out but cats have this amazing ability to keep going.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brokenheart

This is so true! I think that's why many of them get diagnosed so late in an illness. They're champs at acting like everything's okay.

A few days before my cat died, he was already hospitalized and blood studies showed his system had stopped producing blood cells, so he had something like 50 when he should have had 5,000. But he was still walking around, sweet as pie (to me, not to the vet techs!) and the vet said if he were a dog, he'd be conked out but cats have this amazing ability to keep going.
Yeah, my childhood cat had bone cancer and I didn't even know until she had blood coming out of her mouth and had to be PTS 2 days later

On a brightnote kismet face sore is completely healing. It is no longer red or inflammed, it is normal skin colour and getting smaller so it was indeed just a hot spot that on vet advice I was able to treat at home.