Yikes! Big Baby

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WhitePwny

High presentation just means that the baby is still up too high. I would say if it says that, there is still a little time. I have three children, and all my friends and sister in law have babies. I delivered naturally, and they had C Sections. If they can't get the baby out naturally, there is no option but to have a C. And, if they must do that.... it is just one of those things that you really cannot help. I myself will say that I loved having them naturally. Not because I "got to deliver naturally.. and I got to feel what labor feels like" because labor sucks! =o) First was drug free... 15 hours, and I begged for Kavorkian near the end...
he also weighed 8 lbs 7oz. My second child was also drug free... and 6 hours, but he was induced. Keep in mind both of my first two were 2 weeks late.
My third.. and LAST child was induced, a week early because of signs of Toxemia. I had an epidural, and I gotta tell ya... I don't know why I didn't have one for ALL of them. I felt nothing except the very end, and it was a 4 hour labor. She weighed 7 lbs 10 oz.

There are pros and cons for both, as you all know. I liked being able to hold and nurse my children directly after birth. And, I did not mind the "sore area". I was up and walking that night, with all three, and I will be honest with you, I had TONS of stitches, as I ripped with my second. I healed in no time.

Bottom line is, they will do what is best for YOUR baby. Good luck and keep us in the loop about how it all goes!
You got that right. Background, my brother was breach birth. The doctors with the speculums scarred my Mom so that it was hard for her to get pregnant. They did not bother to tell her this until she finally got pregnant with me 9 years later. I should also say that Mom is 0- and Dad was O+.

Before Jen was born, the doctor told me that she was sunny side up and she hoped that our baby would turn. Jen didn't. My main, female, doctor was not on call that day and the male doctor on call kept yelling at me to try to harder because it was bad if I had a C-section. After having had to jump on those monkey bars I asked DH if the baby had hair. He said that you couldn't see the head. After 18 hours I said C-section.

The next day my female doctor came to examine me and said that Jen was stuck on my pelvic bone and I could never have had a vaginal birth.

When it came time for Ben to be born, I had a number of things on my mind. I weighed that facts that Jenny and my brother were in the wrong positions; my husband and I are positive and negative, and that Jen could not have been born vaginally. Do you know what made DH and I decide for planned C-section? It was because Ben was due,12/26 and my female doctor would be not be on call and who would be?

It is not just about doing the natural thing. The major cause of death for women for years was childbirth. Do what is right for both you and the baby. And don't let anyone question your decision because in the end you will know you did the right thing and your baby will too.