Yes, the weekend did involve jewelry....

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy that's wonderful news, congratulations!!

The ring is gorgeous! Can't wait to hear more about your trip too!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
woo woo!
congrats!!! I know you've been waiting for this for awhile. I can't wait to hear your proposal story. I bet you had such a nice and romantic weekend. Enjoy being engaged. It's so much fun

Any ideas on a wedding date yet?

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats Amy!!!!! Like everyone else, I can't wait to hear more details! I'm so excited and happy for you!!!! What a wonderful way for him to begin your weekend!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Thank you all so much for the kind words
. Nothing could take me down from this cloud right now!
Jan, thank you for setting me straight about the carats/Karats thing
. I'm so embarrassed- I should've known that!
Beryl- we'll definitely have to swap wedding planning ideas. I'm already swimming with them!
Jenn- you may have been my good luck charm. Thank you!!!

OK, the proposal. We got up to Blue Ridge by noon on Thursday, had lunch, went shopping (he was really quiet that whole time and I thought maybe his blood sugar was high- turns out he was just nervous!). We got to check into our cabin at 3pm (it was more gorgeous than we had imagined!). We unpacked, checked out the view, sat in the hot tub for a while with our first vacation beers
, and then Bradley cooked this AMAZING dinner of filet mignon, white corn, and garlic bread. It was so yummy.
Then we put some acoustic Dave Matthews Band on the CD player (sooo romantic!) and got back in the hot tub. We were chilling out and then Bradley started talking all romantic (out of character for him!), telling me how much he loves me, how he wants to be with me forever, etc. etc. Then he said, "I have a question to ask you."

Now here's where things get blurry because I STILL cannot believe it happened! He leaned over the railing of the hot tub and pulled out the ring box. He got down on one knee, opened it up (I could not BELIEVE the ring!), and asked me if I would marry him. My head was screaming "Yes! Yes! Yes!" but I couldn't get any words to come out for a moment b/c I was so shocked. Finally, I said yes, gave him a big hug, started crying, he started crying, and then we had our first engaged kiss. It was so romantic, on our porch overlooking the mountains. He said he was going to propose either at that moment or at one of the scenic lookouts on our drive home on Sunday. But, he knew that I'd be disappointed if I made it all the way through Sunday without a ring; that's why he chose Thurs. night.

I immediately got on the phone with my family and best friends (mom is still shocked, but in a good way) and then Bradley got out a bottle of riesling (my favorite type of wine) to celebrate. I even saved the bottle b/c I want to put flowers in it at the wedding reception.

The weekend was perfect and it was so much fun to call each other our "fiancè." We agreed to not talk wedding stuff on vacation (Ha! Easier said than done!) and I restrained myself by buying only ONE bridal magazine while we were away. We'll hopefully be setting a date this week (I'm hoping for October) and then go from there.

I'll post vacation pictures later today. Again, thank you everyone for the kind words and good vibes as I waited (rather impatiently) for him to propose. It was all so worth it in the end and I absolutely could not be marrying a greater man
. I love you all!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Thats so lovely Amy!!!!
I feel like crying myself!.

Dave Mathews?, never heard of him but i like the sound of him. I love Kenny G the saxophonist but i can't play that when Gils around because that was the music my x and i listened too

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Amy and Bradley! Thats a beautiful ring! I'm so happy for you!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH MY GOODNESS AMY I"M SOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the title of this thread and immediately started holding my breath!!! Congratulations honey!!! That ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! What fantastic news! Reading your story nearly made me cry, it sounds like it was so very romantic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you again so much everyone
. Thankfully, I included today off of work as part of my vacation, so after catching up with laundry and grad school work, I can pick up some bridal magazines and books!
Let the wedding planning begin!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy - What a romantic fiance you have there! And your ring is gorgeous. We're all so glad you had a nice weekend!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your engagement! Its a gorgeous ring! Hes a keeper for sure.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great news, Amy!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for both of you.
The ring is beautiful!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Amy!! I am so so so excited for you!!!
Bradley...what a man, what an amazing ring!!

You know whats funny....my parents names are Bradley and Amy!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

I have tears in my eyes after reading that!!!

Time to start planning that Fall wedding!

Now you know why he was taking his time - he was saving up to buy that gorgeous ring!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations again, Amy.
I'm so thrilled for you.
And how romantic!
You are one lucky gal to have such a great guy!