Yes, SIR, Mr. Redcat!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is too funny! I have the opposite problem - Trent is usually trying to get me away from any work or projects I have going.

Yesterday at lunch, just to remind me of who is in charge, he insisted that I put my lunch down so he could get some snuggles. So I did, being the doting mommy that I am. And no sooner than he jumped up on my lap, he jumped right back down.
BRAT! I even grabbed him and put him back on my lap (sometimes he likes that....silly kitty!), and he still jumped right off. I guess he just wanted to see if I really would put my food down for him.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by twofatcats

Actually, what I think is behind it is he just wants my company in the sewing room. That's his preferred nap spot when I'm not in bed. And when I am in the computer room, usually either Purdy or Sheba is in my lap. Red Cat used to be a lap kitty when I got him six years ago. But he was only ten pounds then. Now he is 14.5 pounds, and I think my small lap is just a bit uncomfortable for him. If he stays in the computer room with me, that means he will be on the floor while another cat is in my lap, a situation not to his liking. If I'm sewing, he knows NONE of them will be on my lap. Yeah, I think he has it all figured out. That boy is no dummy.
I laugh when people talk about "dumb animals"! Cats certainly know how to "condition" humans. My husband used to read the newspaper either at the kitchen table or lying on the sofa in the living room. Jamie found that he preferred the latter (he lies on Robert's chest and "reads" along with him). He started to fuss, sit on the newspaper, jump at it, etc., whenever Robert started to read it in the kitchen, so now he always reads it in the living room. That's their special time together.