Yennefer

Country Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My heart is broken yet again. This is the third cat from Whisper‘s litter I have lost. For anyone who wants to take in a pregnant cat, and think it will be fun and joyous, it will be for a while, but if you do not have the funds to care for them, don’t do it. I fooled myself into thinking that I could care for them, that they would be inside, so they would not get sick, but I was wrong. Make sure you can afford to take care of the animals you adopt and bring into your home.
Yennefer was doing well I thought on the anabiotic’s. Her pee was clearing up, but she suddenly took a turn for the worse last Friday and I noticed her straining to pee with very little pee coming out. The clinic was closed so I had to wait till morning. I had to surrender her because I could not afford the procedure. But the Humane Society there were very good at adopting cats out and as long as there was a cure, they did not euthanize. They were a no kill shelter. But sadly she did not make it, I’ve written her an obituary below for those who are interested and pictures at the end.

Yennefer died February 21st 2023 during the night at Jefferson County Humane Society Clinic. She was scheduled for surgery on the 22nd to have a kidney stone removed. She would have been two years old on April 10th. During her life, she was given love and her family cherished her dearly.

Yennefer had an adventurous spirit and was a brave explorer. Even braving new guests who came to visit as her siblings and mother hid. She had the most beautiful huge eyes and at times, she resembled an owl. She would also lay with her feet straight behind her, taking on a super hero form who would fly through the air.

Her favorite pastimes were getting into the sink looking for table scraps, keeping watch on top of the refrigerator, and taking naps with humans who had a soft comfy blanket.

Yennefer is preceded in death by an unnamed sibling who died at almost two weeks of age and a sister Triss who died at eleven months. She leaves behind her mother, Whisper, and a brother Lemmy. She also leaves her three pet parents Darla, Michi, and Christian.

Yennefer will be forever embedded in our hearts.

2665.png

We love you, Yennefer! Run free!

1f43e.png

IMG_4165.jpeg

IMG_4064.jpeg

lesleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a lovely tribute to your sweet and beautiful Yennifer. You and your family were certainly dedicated to Triss, Whisper, Lemmy and little Yennifer. And thank you for telling us about the experience with caring for them. It's a huge responsibility and people need to how complicated it can be.
Rest in everlasting peace, little one.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those round bright eye are stunning, they are like golden button on her deep black coat.

I'm so sorry you lost another cat from the same litter, after just 11 months. It seems those kitties were born with an unlucky fate. I do hope that her brother Lemmy will have a very long and happy life!

RIP Yennefer, the light from your bright eyes will guide your family through the darkest times of their life.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So much tragedy in your life! Sometime, and we will never know why, bad things happen to good people. Your heart was in the right place. You did nothing wrong. In fact, there is some good out of all this sadness. You have given some very good advise about emergencies and not having the money to do what you want. My heart cries for you having to make these decisions. You did what you could with what you had. You did what was right.....
Your sweet baby knows this. All she wanted was your love and you gave her that. She is so thankful for having you and the life you gave her. She would never want you to be so sad. She wants you to go forward into the future and seek it's beauty and love. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go.
Your family has my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself and do not beat yourself up over things out of your control.......RIP sweet Yennefer. You will never be forgotten, you will always have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Yennifer, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful girl she was, is, and always will be. I know your heart is broken, but you did everything right. Everything, up to and including surrendering your girl to a no-kill shelter when you could not afford her continued care. That is a very brave act, indeed. As for Yennifer, she lived, breathed, and had her being wrapped in your love. Now, from her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, she blesses you, and she sends her love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you, down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.