Yellowish Poop After Eating Chicken

Yvonne_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten had previously been on a diet of beef before I decided to change it up a bit and switched him to chicken. I've noticed that his poops went from a dark brown to a paleish yellow, like a clay colour. I panicked and switched him back to beef and his poos went back to the normal brown after a day or two. Is this normal?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it the same brand of food?
If so, then it could either be a chicken allergy or reaction to something added to the food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yvonne_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes it is, should i just never feed him chicken again?

cat princesses

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chicken is a pretty common allergy trigger for those kitties who have food allergies. I would say if there was a reaction like that, it might be better to avoid the chicken.

ma.cro430

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Were his stools still normal? Or softer, possible diarrhea? My oldest is allergic to chicken; it's quite a common allergy, I'm told. The day we adopted her she came to us with plenty of diarrhea and it took us 3 whole months to figure it out. Another month after the diagnosis and food change for her insides to finally clear up. She was really bad, and starting to lose weight, we had to make the sudden food change unfortunately. I know that can be detrimental on kitties' tummies. If you want to be safe, you could stick with the beef. Make sure to read labels if you think chicken allergy/intolerance is the concern, chicken is found in a lot of cat foods.