year old nuetored male always trying to get outside

kgris001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I have a young male cat ( about a year old) I took him in off the street a few months back and he has been great. I had him nuetored last month and some of his problems stopped from that. The two issues I still have are:

1) he always wants to go outside when someone opens the door. I am constantly worried about him getting out and getting lost.

2) every morning around 4am he starts meowing nonstop and then after about an hour he climbes back into bed and sleeps until I wake up.

He gets a lot of excersis running around the entire house all day. I play with his toys with him and he plays with a few of his on his own toys alp the time. My first thought was not enough exercise but he's constantly moving during the day. Please help.

lolcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Casually running around the house is not really exercise to them that's like us walking from the living room to the kitchen :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kgris001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know that, I spend a lot of time with him and his toys as well.( mouse, wand and laser pointer)

lolcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Theres lots of factors to this first Does your cat eat dry food, wet food, or both? Have you tried closing the bedrooms door? What does he want to do after waking you up? and about the worrying about him getting lost a microchip is great theyre imbedded in the cats shoulder blades (doesn't hurt them) and all shelters check for microchips you just need to call the microchip company report the pet tell them the ID which they'll give you after the implant and just wait its only like 15

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kgris001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He eats dry food only. The bedroom door is usually closed. And after he wakes up he usually follows me around rubbing my legs and sitting when I sit. I had thought about I microchip but where I live I worry more about him being hit by a car or eaten by something rather then actually lost

lolcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think he just wants your attention :] and about the cat getting out just throw a toy far or use a laser pointer that will get his attention and he'll completely forget about the door

lolcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When a cat rubs against you its a sign or affection and he follows you tgg et you to scratch him my cat does that