Yeah, OK so they're no longer in fashion...

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two pairs of Uggs, but lately I've been wearing my frye boots into the ground.

Here's the Uggs I have:

And my Fryes:

And...the Uggs I want next....CLOGS!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOVE the Fry's!
Those are some sexy boots.

UGG's are soooooooo comfortable. I wore mine all day without socks and felt like I was in foot heaven.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

You paid wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much!!! Locally TJ Maxx has been selling the short pink and blue ones for $59 US!!!!!
Yeah, but if they even ship to Canada, I'd be charged an arm and a leg for exchange, S&H and customs fees! It would probably amount to the same, or within $20, which is no biggie.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I think its worth it to buy the real things because they're made so much better and last longer. I bought a pair of knock-offs when they first came into fashion a few years ago, and they started to fall apart after a few months of winter.
My chestnut Uggs are over two years old now and are still good to go! I don't wear them outside if its particularly wet though, they don't have very good traction. My black ones have rubbery-grippy-ness on the bottom (they're the "Ultra Short" version) and are fine to wear in pretty much any weather.
Scotchgaurding them is supposed to be good, but I never did it.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and the Frye's are equally as comfortable as the Uggs, and a little more versatile since they're not quite as warm. The leather is soooo soft.

I do almost all my shoe-shopping nowadays on Zappos.com

Free shipping, 365 days to return, free return shipping, awesome selection. Can't beat it with a stick.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

Oh, and the Frye's are equally as comfortable as the Uggs, and a little more versatile since they're not quite as warm. The leather is soooo soft.

Free shipping, 365 days to return, free return shipping, awesome selection. Can't beat it with a stick.
I'll check it out, but when I buy from stores in the US, there is almost always some kind of catch in shipping to Canada, if they will even ship here.

They look great though... I'll check them out!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got my 1st real job out of college (1980) I bought a pair of Frye boots. Back then they were $100!! I still have them even though I haven't worn them for yrs-I figure which could come back in fashion (they have). However with the scar buildup on my big toe of right foot they are a bit painful to wear..

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

me too!

Originally Posted by vespacat

I'll check it out, but when I buy from stores in the US, there is almost always some kind of catch in shipping to Canada, if they will even ship here.

They look great though... I'll check them out!
well, since they're an online only store, that might make a difference...

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, since they're an online only store, that might make a difference...
I'll check it out!
I'll find out if they do ship to Canada.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so out of the loop, Jenn, I had never heard of these boots. They're so cute! Pink is super perfect, you and I have the same taste! What a great track jacket, too!
Be sure to remember to wear your jeans, though!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I'm so out of the loop, Jenn, I had never heard of these boots. They're so cute! Pink is super perfect, you and I have the same taste! What a great track jacket, too!
Be sure to remember to wear your jeans, though!
Thanks Steph!
Yeah, I won't be taking Ryan's advice, that's for sure.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since when are slippers fashion? Ask any Aussie they are not meant to be shoes lol

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
missymotus, they're actually pretty big in Australia!

Myself, I can't stand them. I was tempted by some pretty pink ones once but I fully couldn't justify spending like $200 on them.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

missymotus, they're actually pretty big in Australia!

Myself, I can't stand them. I was tempted by some pretty pink ones once but I fully couldn't justify spending like $200 on them.
Interesting, I've only been away from Australia for a few years and never saw them being worn as shoes just slippers.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Toronto people wear them as boots. I see all kinds of UGG styles here! They certainly don't look like slippers, and are meant to be worn as boots. I've been wearing mine this winter without socks.