Yarn/Needlecrafters!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Beautiful.
I like the way the colors came out.

Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

I'm so ready for a nap. But some quick pics of the blanket done (minus edging)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I'm seriously in love with this blanket.....but if someones wants to buy it ill make another cuz in my world everything is for sale for the right price haha.

I'm gonna check out those hooks you recommended. My thrumb doesn't actually rest where the raised lettering is but right above it. The most painful spots on my hands is where the hook rests on my ring finger and pinky and also the spot that folds if you touch your pinky and thumb together. I busted my bum so badly on this blanket my hand cramped up like the creepy guy from scary movie 2....you know the "take my hand.....no my good hand" yup I looked like that guy for a while. I'm gonna have to find something to help my hands cuz I've got crochet fever and wanna pick up my hook again already.......and my hands still hurt lol.

Once I decide on edging and get that done ill post some more pics. Now to find what to do next.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Newest project to add to my hook. V-stitch paneled afghan in Fishermens Wool. Im doing 2 panels in the maple tweed (the dark brown with the white flecks) and then the other two panels will be in the opposite colors, the white with dark brown flecks.

Ive got most of my Christmas presents planned out so Ill start adding that yarn to my collection. Plus then I have 4 baby blankets to make. Two are for my moms friend who is expecting twins and the other two are for SIL who are due 3 weeks apart.

This year for Christmas I think all the babies and kids are going to get little stuffed animals. I found a sock monkey pattern that I like and then just make them in coordinating colors to their baby blankets. Im going to try and remake the blanket my moms friend made for her but do it in greens since thats her favorite color. I am only stuck on 5 people. 4 of them are couples so I was thinking of taking both their fav colors and making one big lapghan for them and stitching their names onto it.

Time to heat up my hook......and still decide on that darn edging for the ripple afghan. Im going to take a break on it though because looking at it makes my hands hurt LOL.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The stretches really do help. There were times I thought I would have to stop for awhile, but they reduced the pain.