Yard Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yardcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@the vet told my partner that he suspects she was hit by a car , healing period is 2 weeks , we have introduced her to our you gest cats and that webt well , we are giving her some time to herself , her baby was squealing during the night to be fed , abd bubba snrs babys aswell and bubba jnr could hear them and was calling out so she knows her babys are here so itll be good when she will be reunited with her baby

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh what a lovely story (well except about the leg...) and what a lovely kind person you are!

yardcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well it's been a few months now , and bubba has healed well , fits right in at home :) a part of our larger family of 8 humans 10 cats 2 rabbits(both were picked up on worksites I had been working on ) and 6 goldfish .
Unfortunately with all good news comes bad , both bubbas babies rusty and lolla were trapped by a not so nice neighbour , and older cat of ours zebe went missing In action , and Felix also bubbas sister from the yard I work in , all disappeared in a month , after a quick word to our surrounding neighbour we found out a man a few houses away was trapping cats and relocating them to elsewhere , a real heart breaker and tear jerker , after a quick word to him he denied all knowledge of the cats where abouts , I told the man in his 50,s if I got hold of the person I'd break their hands , since our talk no cats in our street have gone missing .
In our street 9 cats went missing

yardcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Onto better news , bubba has had another litter of babies , 3 babies in total , we kept one , her name is Lilly and now around 6 months old :)
Another baby we found While up the yard one night we could hear a kitten meowing , we found her with a squashed leg under a can of paint , we fished her out and took her home , her name is Mia , she was rushed into the vet by my wife and the only damage that was done was her leg had cutoff circulation , swollen and a little bruised she has fully recovered now and settling in just peachy :).
These cats we know , remind me without care , attention , and love they would have a miserable life .
I'm reminded every day that a little love goes a long way .

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that Bubba is doing well. It's a good job you found Mia before she was more seriously hurt. You're right, these cats have a much better life with you looking out for them. Are you going to get Bubba spayed after this litter? 

It's terrible that your neighbour took all of those cats. Some people just make my blood boil. 
Any idea where he dumped them? Hopefully it was somewhere rural and your yard cats would have a good chance of surviving out there. Very sad for all the people who lost their pets.

yardcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Nora , little bubba has been spayed , not sure on the where abouts of the missing cats , our family and all the neighbours that had missing cats put a flier up at the local shop , we have also learnt of the live blooding of cats possums and rabbits at our local dog racing park around the way have been practising , not nice to think our cats lives ending that way :(

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello @yardcat.. I've only just seen this thread.  I was born and bred in Hobart so it's sort of 'home'.

The whole 'blooding' thing is being looked into nationally - it's just ghastly and I'm so glad it's being exposed.

I'm really glad to hear what you're doing for these strays, and that Bubba has been spayed.  Do keep us posted on developments.

yardcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Mani :) hobart is really warming up today , 11 degrees and mountain snow tonight :)