Ya know those no-sew fleece blankets you can make?

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I wanna make one for myself. Would that be cheesy? LoL!

I made a few blankets and pillows last year to give as Christmas gifts but now I want my own! They are SO warm and soft and cozy. I might hit the fabric section at Hobby Lobby tomorrow.

Have you ever made one, or has anybody given you one? They are soooo easy to make...they take like fifteen minutes! And, of course, the added bonus is that kitties LOOOOVE to cuddle up on them too!

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!! My girls each received one last year as gifts and that is all they ever use!!!

When it comes time to clean them ... I have to be sure they are cleaned and dried and ready for them by bedtime!!! Or they dont sleep!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan

Yes!! My girls each received one last year as gifts and that is all they ever use!!!

When it comes time to clean them ... I have to be sure they are cleaned and dried and ready for them by bedtime!!! Or they dont sleep!!!!
That's so sweet! It's great that they love their blankets so much!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I simply cut the edges of a piece of fleece with pinking shears rather than tying 2 pieces together like most folks do. I don't like the bumps of the ties when I wrap myself in them. Besides, they are 1/2 the price that way!!

Yes - you deserve to pamper yourself for Christmas! Hancock has a lot of fleece on sale right now.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have some lovely fleece bed throws but i boughtt hem, didnt make them! they are so cozy though. my best buy this season!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kids here are wearing scarves made of the fleece material. They take two strips of the fleece, cut the size of a regular scarf. Then the strips are glued together down the center. Then cut a fringe in from both sides, almost to the center. The strips are about 3/4 to 1 inch wide. So instead of fringe on both ends, their is fringy stuff all along the length of the scarf. Our school colors are white and blue, and they look fabulous in those colors.

(I'm not sure if they cut then glue, or glue then cut! But maybe if you have a few strips left when the blanket is done, you can make a scarf!)

And why would it be cheesy to make something for yourself? Go for it, girl!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always make them for baby gifts...people love them! It never occurred to me to make one for myself...hmmm...

ellen55

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just buy the fleece throws for my cats and myself at Wal-Mart or ABC for $10.00. The cats love them and so do I.