X-ray reading help Please!

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
If there is swelling, the use of Prednisolone (a steroid) can help greatly. Buprenophine (not an NSAID) can help with pain. NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) should not be used with steroids as this will likely lead to GI upset.

Physical therapy can help greatly with building strength back in her legs. Laser therapy, if you have access to this, would be very beneficial as well.

tamu708

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for helping this baby.  I hope she pulls through and is ok.  You both are in my prayers.  

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got another Vet to take a look at the X-ray. Y'all are right about her legs, there's no breaks. Catpak is right on about her R hip displacement.  Unfortunately, the vet can't just put it back in place cuz there are a few fractures on her spine right above it, on the disk as well. That puts some pressure on the nerves, so she can't go to the bathroom on her own. The vet said her legs are fine. She must be in a lot of pain, so she stopped using them. Now they've become too weak and undergrowth. Surprisingly, she still can pee on her own. Unfortunately, he can't do anything for her. He referred her to the western Vet. There's one in the city. I'll drive in tomorrow.
Wish her luck.
Best of luck! Keep us updated. She's so fortunate to have you caring for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferrari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, my timing and y'all are totally opposite. So far, where we are, there's no such an advanced care like Physical/laser therapy for animals. Pray that the Westerner vet will be able to help her. I'll keep you guys updated. Fortunately, there's easy access to the meds here and they're pretty cheap. So i got her some Brupenophine for the pain and got the exact dosage from the vet.  I did read up on the article about the constipation that Zed sent and have been strictly following its recommendation. I'll plan to give the western vet the online radiologist referral for consultation.

Like I said, every inputs and info from you guys have been helping and leading me to the right direction. So THANKS MILLIONS. will keep you updated.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
for constipation you can add canned plain pumpkin to some wet food mash with a fork and add water to make a slurry-she may lick it up or you can syringe it-for a kitten it would be 1/4 teaspoon a day=this helps keep the bowels moving. pain management is a good idea-this will aid in walking later. If the vet has laser light therapy that can be used to rejuvenate tissue healing. Otherwise you can start with massages to keep those feet moving-do range of motion exercises to keep the blood from pooling in her feet if she will tolerate it. Just a few minutes at a time. I agree with the others-we need more people like you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferrari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the advise. Do need help though the pressure sore on her right thigh. It keeps getting bigger and deeper. She only keeps herself on one position in which her right hide leg is flopped and tugged under her body. So, the thigh gets dragged when she moves, gets wet when she pees or poops, and gets pressed at all time. I t clean it, put some antibiotic on it, and change her position whenever possible. However, I just can't manage it. I tried to put a brace on her back so she didn't have to be on the same position, but it seemed to distress her so much. So, i stopped that. Any advise Please.

Not sure if I explained well enough. I'll try to see if I can upload her pic or video tomorrow. May be it'll be easier to see what's actually going on with her.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
There is a group on Facebook (if you have access) called "Leggins for Life". It is an all volunteer group that makes knitted/crocheted leggings for animals with disabilities. They DO ship overseas, but try to match you with someone as close to your location as possible. At the very least, take a look at the pics. You may know someone that can do this for you.

There is not a pattern to follow as each animal is unique. But, someone that is at least moderately versed in knitting/crocheting can certainly manage.