Wukong fell from a height of 4 storeys.. advice needed!!

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How frightening! I hope that everything turns out well. Thinking of you both and sending many good vibes your way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

decadenz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy news: Wukong is eating on his own! Last night, my friend (whose place my cats are staying in right now) put him in front of his food bowl, and he attacked the kibble with little coaxing. She said he's chewing normally and was obviously very hungry... poor baby.

I'm still going to send him in to a vet. This time it's the one recommended by my friend. I'll have to make an appointment with them as they're highly sought after. I really hope they'll be able to tell me for sure that my baby boy is fine. Thanks all, for the kind words and sound advice

Will update yall!

debra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
My cat, Liah, fell 4 stories as well, onto pavement. I took her to the ER vet, they did x-rays and saw that she had contusions on her lungs (bruises), and a broken pelvis. She had to stay in an incubator all weekend for oxygen, and then had to have major surgery to pin her pelvis back together. Hopefully your kitty isn't in such a severe state,and hopefully by now you've taken him/her to another vet, but a couple questions:

have you noticed any wheezing? I'm wondering about the paleness -- if this could be a sign of oxygen deficiency...

the fact that the cat doesn't want to move -- of course there will be muscle soreness even if there are no broken bones, but like everyone else said, you have to take xrays to know for sure.

Lots of luck, and be sure to let us know how the vet visit goes!

Debra

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

decadenz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My baby boy is on the mend... his nanny told me he actually jumped up onto her bed. Since he made such a quick recovery, we are obseving him a bit before deciding if he needs to be looked at by another vet.

Debra... I'm really sorry to hear about poor Liah's fall.
I hope the poor girl's recovering well... Do keep us updated!

Thanks for the tips, fortunately, Wukong hasn't been wheezing at all. His nanny spends a fair amount of time with the cats and she would have noticed if he's not breathing right.

To everyone else: Thanks for keeping Wukong in your thoughts

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We live 3 storied high. This is a reminder that we can never be to careful.
Wukong...you are amazing.