Wtf!!!

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a laugh when I read what this post was about. It's the human condition: we're never satisfied until we have tried to make everything in life and on earth absolutely perfect. We'll never get there but the scientists will sure have fun trying...good grief!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There was a "news" story many years ago bemoaning the fact that a grant had been given to some organization to determine whether methane produced by cattle was destructive to the environment, and at that time, I didn't know any better than to consider it foolish.

But now we do know better -- or we do if we're paying attention. Global warming is real, and the cattle factor is a serious issue.

Someone said she didn't believe in global warming because "nobody was saying anything against it," if I recall correctly. Wow. It's only been debated passionately worldwide for decades. But if you aren't hearing much against it now, it's because the reality of global climate change has finally become undeniable -- only the uninformed would argue against it at this point.

It's probably better to call it that, by the way -- global climate change, rather than global warming. The use of the word "warming" leads some people to assume that a cold day somehow proves it isn't real.