Wrapping presents with your cats

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--OMG!! That is just TOO cute(and TOO true!!!
)
It goes on EVERY year--but makes me laugh EVERY time!!!

(Doesn't take much to amuse me--OR keep me happy!!
)

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how funny! and how true! i knew what was coming so i put all the gifts in a back room and have been working in their, i feed sara in the kitchen and then run down the hallway into the room, if i dont distract her it is impossible to get into any room without her getting in there! i probably wont set the presents under the tree until x-mas eve... maybe, unless i get brave

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Caution on ribbons: my Penelope loves to play with these. She finds ribbons more exciting than any of her other toys because she loves shredding them with her claws. Unfortunately, she came down with Pyothorax -- a very weird disease for an indoor cat to get, and I suspect it may have to do with her chewing on and swallowing some ribbon. (Pyothorax is a serious and often fatal disease. Penelope has been on antibiotics for a month now and has, so far, avoided hopitalization.)

The vet told me some cats get it from as small and freakish an incident as a piece of grass piercing the esophagus and infecting the chest cavity. I read that the material made to manufacture ribbons can pierce a cat's intestine so I assume it acted like a piece of grass and did the same to her esophagus? I don't know. Just a hypothesis.

Keep in mind that I've discovered Penelope "eats" her toys. Saturday night I found a chunk of her favorite pink sponge ball in her throw-up.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah the joys of wrapping presents with the cats. Gandalf wants to be up in the wrapping paper the moment I get it out. But I've found if I wad up a piece of wrapping paper and toss it I can get one gift wrapped while he bats the ball around. (Thank goodness for scraps.)

Samwise on the other hand just wants to watch. Only thing is I have to watch him around the ribbon. After this year, no more ribbon.

I always use bows though...I have caught them playing with them yet, but every cat I've had loves to bat them around while we open presents on Christmas morning.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brads birthday was last month and I had a bow in a bag for his present and Rocket being nosey as he is comes trotting out into the livingroom with it in his mouth! He got it out of the bag in the kitchen and thought it was his new toy! Brad got a huge laugh out of it! I was going to strangle(JK!) a monster!!! LOL! but the next day Rocket had a new toy (of course!) Brad thought that was better then his present I think! Rocket STILL has that ribbon somewhere, Every once in awhile he brings it out and will play with it. Goofy cat!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wrapping presents right now, Snowball tried to help but he almost drove me nuts instead! LOL!!!! First, he immediately discovered which bag contained his gifts, and started trying to tear the bag open. I finally got the bag away from him and put it back in the closet. Next, I spread out some wrapping paper so I could wrap a shirt for my son. Snowball thought I spread the paper out just so he could keep pacing back and forth on it. So 1 picked him up and put him on the floor and placed my son's shirt on top of the paper. Then I had to go and find the scotch tape, when I came back, Snowball was laying on top of my son's shirt which happens to be a very dark color. That's when I put Snowball in the next room, and that's where he still is. It's very quiet in that room, I hope everything's ok!
LOL!!!!!