Caongratz on your guy too, he's sounds SO SWEET

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Hehe, this may sound insulting at first- but it's not
(<-- see smily!) But, GOSH, I never knew you were that short! (Ok that sounds insulting huh!)

The reason why I bring it up is because I'm like 4'10"--- So i wasn't really being insulting... Just happy to find another short friend on here.

So hello from the Umpa Lumpa in Arizona!

OK, Back on topic:
That's really sweet that he's starting acting like that... that's good news for you.
At least you know what he wants in life, and he has goals. HAHA! Just don't rush into things if your not ready, and if you ARE ready- well then good luck!
Gosh, I feel almost tall now--I top out at 5ft 1"!

I marred a 6 footer--and he can't understand my systems for shelving stuff... And why, even though I drive a cheap little Neon, I love it! (He HATES it, and calls them "disposible" cars.)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

YAY!!!! Another shorty! I'm 5ft (and half an inch
) and my daughter is 4ft 11 ins.

I felt so bad the other day, I was trying to reach something off the top shelf in the store and an elderly lady came up to me and said "here, let me get that for you love" and she reached up and got it down for me"
That had the family rolling with laughter for days.

Back on topic - Colin is so sweet. It sounds like he's on the countdown to a baby!!!! It's probably his military background that's led to this campaign. Hubby wasn't in the military but he is a great planner. When we were thinking about moving, we hadn't even put the house up for sale when a big lorry turned up with loads of cardboard boxes and packing materials. He'd ordered them from the internet and started to pack all the things away that we didn't use often. He just felt that was all part of the planning process to this next event that was going to happen. Maybe Colin feels the same way.

Still, doesn't really matter what's behind it does it - it's just fantastic to know that he's so excited about the whole thing.
I always hated it when I get called "Little girl" by someone in a store! (Though, as I get older, it may not be such a bad thing!)

I agree: Hubby is ex-military, and loves to plan on paper, and calls it his "Strategy" and "Plan of action or "Campaign."

I think it's wonderful that Colin is doing all of this! Very sweet, and very caring, too.

I'd like to have kids, but DH isn't crazy about them. We've talked about it, but I've decided not to have them, due to health problems, financial straits (I'd have to continue to work full-time, and just can't, with my health problems, see myself being able to have enough energy to raise a baby properly.)

When I got engaged, his Mom "put in an order" for 2 grandsons! (She has 2 granddaughters, and only 1 other child, who can't father any more kids.) Imagine the pressure THAT put on me!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh boy sounds like he is starting his, i must grow up and get married and make a baby stage, if he can jsut last a few more months he will grow out of it. hehe

however i am sure, you will make a great wife and mother nikki

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well my oh did this too and with just under 4 weeks till our son arrives its getting worse i think it hes way of coping with the stress of becoming a father more so now, which with all the hormones im contending with and being as big as a whale the smallest of things wind me up. For example im so big i find it hard to reach any thing although im not short the cupboards are just too dame high and i dont wanna climb a ladder as accidents do happen, and then theres the things he keeps saying like dont leave hot stuff on the worktop, i dont think he gets the a, the baby isnt here yet b, when the baby is here he wont be able to just get up and walk into the kitchen and c, we have a stinking gate on the door and the baby wont be coming into the kitchen atall. sorry for the vent. any way i think its sweet that he is getting prepered so early but i promise when you are pregnant it wont be so fun.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is soooo cute! At least you know Colin is already prepared and has plenty of time to think of anything he's missed. Though it sounds like he's doing just fine!

Originally Posted by Sassy's Mom

Some of my favorite people are under 5 feet tall, my mom and grandma being the top two. My mom is 4'11" and dad is 6'0", so I ended up in the middle at 5'6".
I like that you got to even them out there! My Mom is 5'3" and Dad is 6'. I didn't quite end up in the middle, but I'm taller than my Mom! Actually at my last job I was the tallest person there! It was rather sad as I'm only 5'5"!

My Dad's Mom is maybe 5' tall with shoes. I'll have to ask her how tall she actually is!
Originally Posted by MargeCat

Gosh, I feel almost tall now--I top out at 5ft 1"!

I marred a 6 footer--and he can't understand my systems for shelving stuff... And why, even though I drive a cheap little Neon, I love it! (He HATES it, and calls them "disposible" cars.)
I used to drive a Neon. DH is 6'2". He hated driving that car! With the seat all the way back he had to bend his knees to drive it! I had a friend who is like 6'7" or something like that. He rode in my car once and was crammed in the passengers seat!

Oh and I'd like to pass on some words of wisdom from my Grandmother for all the shorter Mothers here. Sometime during my Uncle's teenage years he did something awfuly bad. He then proceeded to tell my Grandma that because he was taller than her she couldn't punish him anymore. Hence Grandma's famous words were born "The broom will always reach you!"
(My uncle was a complete rascal! Still is sometimes!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!! Looks like we have a lot of memeber in our "short club"

Colin's still doing the whole "man nesting" thing too- he helped me clean/organize the entire house yesterday
Such a good guy! He's not afraid of the vaccume cleaner
Gotta love that! And yea- like some of ya'll brought up- i definitely think the him being former military is part of the reason he's sooooooo organized and likes to plan ahead. (i LOVE that about him- i never have to worry over him being sloppy/not picking up after himself.)