Wow, did I get told where to go!

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You know, it's funny, but we don't have an account set up for our vet bills. We just sort of suck it up when they happen ... adjust the grocery/eating out/whatever budget, but I think that account thing is a great idea.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have 6 cats, 4 horses, and 1 dog to provide for and they do not go without anything. There is no way my babies are going to suffer for my financial well being. I spent $$$$$$$$$ when my Bud (RIP) had fatty liver disease and I rang up a big credit card bill but there was no dollar amount to tag on my precious one! I never regretted it one minute, even when strapped to pay it off. If you have animals, care goes hand in hand with ownership.
Hopefully she sees the light and gets that poor soul to the vet ASAP!

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm lucky to have a vet who lets me make payments on my balance due. Since I got my third cat, it went up to $655. I have paid $250 of it so far and I guess they know I'm good for the rest, because I wouldn't hesitate to take any of the girls back if they needed care, even if I already owed.

The account is a good idea! Maybe I'll start a cookie jar fund for the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The cat has an infected back leg. The lady didn't say when or whether she went to the vet but I'm hoping she did.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

Here's the thread for those who asked. Be nice now!

http://www.emailcash.com.au/benefits...tp=312875&ca=8
Hey, I don't intend any offense here, Kumbulu, but though I have seen some people post who clearly have no intention of taking their animals to the vet, this woman doesn't appear to be one of them. She just posted that she wanted to take her cat to the vet, but was broke at the time—I think most of us know how it feels to be broke—and couldn't seem to catch the cat (I think THAT'S probably happened to all of us, too).

Not taking your animals to the vet when they need it is pretty lousy, I agree, but I think in this case you jumped to conclusions a bit. I know sometimes it's difficult to be objective when dealing with the suffering of animals, but it never hurts to try to look at a situation from someone else's point of view before judging. She was, after all, concerned with the fate of her cat. Lots of people wouldn't have even bothered posting.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow - that was pretty harsh. Sounded like she was going to try but I really don't think that kind of a response was necessary. Jeepers, I would never speak to anyone like that whether it was a forum, someone I knew or someone I just met in the street! I'm shocked!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

A lady posted on an Australian forum I'm on, that her cat is off his food, is drooling, drinking TONNES of water and won't let her go near him. She was worried that he had eaten a baited rat and also stated that she couldn't afford vet care.

I replied, "How is the cat now? Do you own a TV, mobile phone, microwave, stereo? You can get cash for these and take him to the vet. Please do it soon - it sounds like he is really suffering. You wouldn't let a child continue like this."

I was told to get down off my soap box and perhaps she should sell one of her kids.

I am so, so sick of people describing their ill cats symptoms and it's obvious the cat is very ill or really suffering and they end the post with, "But I can't afford to go to the vet." It's so very sad when the cat ends up dying. Surely you can budget for veterinary expenses or have a credit card especially for this purpose? Something.

*End whine.*
I agree 100%!!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok - just joined! Now I'm gonna say something (but I will be nice....I hope....)

Er...okay...have to do some stupid points for cash thingy can't work it out therefore can't post....oh well when I've got more time and THEN I'm gonna say something!! Lol....