Wow, bad day already.... whine re chronic pain

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

It's been relatively nice here lately, which is good because my RA took me totally off painkillers and plaquenil. She thinks I'm a drug seeker.
I couldn't sleep because of my hip last night, but that's because I rode horses, and I'll be darned if I'm gonna let that stuff stop my life!
Why do some doctors think that peeps with chronic pain WANT to take painkillers? For their health?

I realize that there are a lot of "junkies" out there who are abusing painkillers & other drugs, but not everyone is doing so.

Add me to the "miserable" list.
I don't know if it's the drastic change in weather here lately or what, but my back, neck, & knees have been hurting more than usual recently. My s/o has been complaining today, too.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

...As for doctors, I think the biggest problem is that so many of them have a heavy patient load (they're own fault). This means they spend so little time with most of us that they don't know enough to judge our character - we're just a name and medical file. It's also easier for a doctor to say the person is a drug seeker or it's "all in their head" than dedicating more time. Time is money, and they can get more out of 2-5 patients than they can one in the same amount of time.
You are SO right! We haven't been to a doctor we haven't had to wait for at least 45 minutes in I can't remember how long.

...and pain is pain. Yes, there are different levels of debilitation from it, but ANYONE with pain needs to vent sometimes!

Laurie