Would you use it...yes or no???

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally, I wouldn't take the chance. They are sending you a new one, so it's not like you're out money if you toss it. There are too many sick people in this world to take the chance. Just use the one that is OK, and wait for your other bottle.

By the way, that stuff sounds awesome. I think I might want to get some, myself.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Add another vote for pitching it. Given that it's probably a shipping damage, it's probably OK, but why find out the hard way that it's not OK -- especially when you won't be out of pocket. No point taking the chance of making yourself sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everyone!
It's going in the trash as soon as the replacement arrives.

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

By the way, that stuff sounds awesome. I think I might want to get some, myself.
Hope, if you do order some let me know what flavor (s) you get. I usually get the sugar free varieties. The coconut is excellent in hot cocoa.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll admit, I'm a real Scotsman when it comes to stuff like this, and I've used stuff past it's expiration date in the past with no trouble (my mother the RN used to keep milk at least 10 days past exp.) If it were an expiration date I'd say go for it, but the fact that the product was leaking really wierds me out, so I'd say toss it. You've already received enough justification, so I won't hammer on it here, just wanted to illuminate my vote

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

Hope, if you do order some let me know what flavor (s) you get. I usually get the sugar free varieties. The coconut is excellent in hot cocoa.
I was thinking I'd get the Sugar Free Kahlua flavoured or the Butter Rum, and of course Chocolate. There a quite a few flavours I'd like to try. I'm personally not too fond of coconut.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

I'll admit, I'm a real Scotsman when it comes to stuff like this, and I've used stuff past it's expiration date in the past with no trouble --------------
Interesting you should say that as I am a ScotsWOMAN and my Mom taught me that - never through things out!

BUT recently I used mayo beyond it's date and WOW did I get WAY Sick! NOW I through things out if they are even near their date! Sometimes it is better to waste than take a chance on being sick!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

Interesting you should say that as I am a ScotsWOMAN and my Mom taught me that - never through things out!

BUT recently I used mayo beyond it's date and WOW did I get WAY Sick! NOW I through things out if they are even near their date! Sometimes it is better to waste than take a chance on being sick!
When Nana & I were in NSW last year she ate some off margarine and she got quite sick. The lady said "Oh I never use this, I hope it's OK!"

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would call the company and ask them their opinion. Although I am sure someone has already mentioned this as I haven't read the entire thread?