Would you rather be self sufficient and independent? Or taken care of and immature?

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Although I'm in the second category, does it really have to be so black and white? I realize that you're venting about someone you know, but while I think it's great to be independent, I also think it's great to receive (and give) help to others. This of course has nothing to do with the person you're venting about, but the poll is a bit...umm...biased.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I guess it can be called biased. But this is the debate i have been having. It was only for my friends situation, not anyone elses. I guess i could have made it more for everyone elses but to be honest, i really wanted to see what people thought of THIS situation. This has been something i have been greatly involved with on the listening part and wanted to see others point of views.

I mean of course the independant one gets stuff as well. She just doesnt get her bills paid. Its not like she gets nothing. I more just meant house payments, maid, cars, utilities, food, things that people live off of. The independant one gets like cloths, purses, she got a motherboard once, just nice presents.

Thanks for participating everyone =)

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your friends sound like they have it pretty sweet. Good for them! Life's tough and it's good to catch a few breaks.

But I learned long ago that people's lives are never what they seem to be to others. It may look to us like someone is lazy and immature but we don't know what kind of internal struggles and burdens they carry, we don't know about the sadness and crushed hopes they are dealing with (we all have 'em).

I always wonder if I were that person, with his/her experiences and history, would I do the exact same things? Maybe, don't know...