Would You Like to Go on Holiday on Your Own

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Best way to travel!!!
You meet new people, make friends, go at your own pace, no worries about another person slowing you down, going anywhere you like!!!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES! I love doing things on my own. Maybe it is because I come from a large, poor family. Growing up, we were pretty much crowded together - there wasn't much "me" time. Now, I take myself out (when I can afford it to restaurants, movies, shopping), love solitary road trips - nothing like hitting the open road with only a vague idea of where I'll end up - going out into the forest, the coast and so on. Never traveled outside the USA, but would love to.

For a long time, I thought I was supposed to have someone with me. I discovered being with the wrong person just to have company is so much lonlier than being alone ever could be. When I am alone, I am only lonely once in awhile. Oh, and I detest crowds. Guess I'm a weirdo

LOL I almost said I sleep alone, but Seb is with me
Can't be the crazy old cat lady I am practicing to be if I have a bunch of people around, now can I?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep, i have gone alone before. If there is some place or something i want to see. If no one wants to go with me. no problem at all with going alone.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was still on my own, I went on road trips by myself all the time, and really enjoyed it. I took myself out to dinner or to movies on my own, too, and enjoyed those activities. But now, vacations are when Rob and I can spend some significant time together and I'm really not interested in separate ones, thanks. We make a point of scheduling our vacations at the same time.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd rather have someone to share it with, but I've also taken extra time off after a business trip alone. If I'm someplace interesting and I know it's unlikely I'll ever get back there, I'd rather spend some time exploring alone than not exploring at all. You actually get a whole different experience when you're alone...you meet new people, do more talking with the "locals", and generally end up learning a whole lot more.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to travel alone! I am by nature a very solitary person, and do not have an SO anyway
so traveling alone looks like the way it will be

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy almost all of my travelling, whether alone, or with company, or the best part - a healthy mix!! My fave out of state journeys give me some alone time (my hubby likes to go golfing and shopping with his family and I was born without the "shopping gene" except for home improvement centers and bookstores) so that I can visit local shelters
and, like some one else here said, be a crazy cat lady

and meet other "crazy" cat people (IMO, translates to "intelligent, caring, creative individuals who are also courageous and unselfish, and called "crazy" by those who realize the lack of those same fine qualities in themselves)

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I've been on holiday by myself and really enjoyed it because of the total freedom to do exactly what I want, when I want and how I want. I didn't have to worry about making sure the other person was having a good time or feeling bad if I thought they weren't. The real downside is not having anyone there to share the amazing times with and that I do tend to get lonely.

I guess my final answer is I'd prefer to go with someone, but it would have to be someone I get along with very well and who is willing to split up occasionally if our interests for the day are different. I just want the best of both worlds, you see.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Jaffacake - the Orkneys is one of my favourite places in the world! I would love to go back there someday.
Isn`t is beautiful?! I`m so jealous of my sister but I dont think I could cope with the winters they get

Heres some pics from January for you

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a chicken! I could never go someplace like another country or city that I've never been to before and am not familiar with, by myself.

I have a terrible fear of getting lost. At 45 that's really stupid because I could always stop and ask for directions, but getting lost in a strange city causes me to panic just thinking about it.