Would You Help a Shell of a Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Well apparently the auction is underway. There was so much stuff donated that they had to break it down into weekly auctions. here is the link:

http://catblogosphereauctions.blogspot.com/
Yep, the Auction is up and running! We don't know yet if it is going to be a 2 or 3 week auction, but it is already exciting on the very first morning

Items will be added every day, so keep checking in! There is great stuff in there, and great stuff coming!!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Shell is such an sweetie!

I'm so glad she's doing better!
Lots and lots of good coming for all three of you.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read every bit of this thread, and my head is still spinning.

MA, you do not give yourself enough credit. You need to accept that you are an amazing person who helps so many cats that would not have a chance any other way. The cats you help are just "scratching the surface" of the wonderful person you are, it is very obvious from your posts that you are a kind soul.

I am so glad that you have ML and the Cat Blogosphere helping you out! Bear would have had to be pts if it wasn't for them stepping up and helping me. It really is a surreal feeling, knowing that so many people (strangers really) actually care and hold their hands out to help. It makes the world feel so small in an instant.

I have no doubt in my mind that Shell, although frail and sickly right now, will pull through this. She has the whole world behind her now, she can do this!

and another
for you.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been on here in, probably years. My mom, taterbug, is still pretty active. I admire you so much and your story has touched my heart. Just wanted to introduce myself b/c I bid in your auction. My heart and prayers to Shell!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH for the love of cats
Shell looks like a precious little darling in that picture with her feet tucked under so neatly and resing on her heating pad. This story has made me believe in miracles with each and everyday
. My heart is just booming and I think you, MA, are a very, very, very dear and special human being and cat loving champion. This story does give us the strength to NEVER give up, go against all odds, and a will to survive come what may. Just incredibly extraordinary

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful... just wonderful! Made me bust out crying!

I also bid at the auction... I don't have a lot of money to spare right now but I want to help in some way.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am just now seeing this thread. Shell's miraculous story has touched me in a way that I never dreamed possible.
I am beyond words...

MaryAnne, you are truly one of God's chosen people, and nothing short of a saint.
God has a special place for you right next to Him.
Thank you so much for taking Shell into your heart and into your life.

And Carolina, many thanks to you too for contributing to Shell's cause. You also have a special place next to God.

I missed out on donating to Shell's cause because I missed out on this thread till now. I want very much to donate. Is there any way I can still do so?

Shell, you are a beautiful girl, and you will only continue to get more beautiful & healthier because you have an angel caring for you.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I am just now seeing this thread. Shell's miraculous story has touched me in a way that I never dreamed possible.
I am beyond words...

MaryAnne, you are truly one of God's chosen people, and nothing short of a saint.
God has a special place for you right next to Him.
Thank you so much for taking Shell into your heart and into your life.

And Carolina, many thanks to you too for contributing to Shell's cause. You also have a special place next to God.

I missed out on donating to Shell's cause because I missed out on this thread till now. I want very much to donate. Is there any way I can still do so?

Shell, you are a beautiful girl, and you will only continue to get more beautiful & healthier because you have an angel caring for you.
Awww Thank you Kittkatt

There are two ways you can still support Shell: By participating in her Auction, here: http://catblogosphereauctions.blogspot.com/
Or by Donating, on her page, here: http://www.feralcatbehavior.com/

Thank you so much for asking!
Oh, and we are on week 1 of the auction - new items will be added regularly... This will be a 3-week auction... Keep coming by to check the items!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Off to look at the auction for Shell -- is shipping available to NZ?
Yes it is... Shipping charges are not included, but we ship the cheapest way - it is not expensive if you but the smaller items. Items that would be more expensive to ship would be the katkabin for example. It will take longer to get there, but will get there. We have bidders from Canada, England, France... all over, really

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Awww Thank you Kittkatt

There are two ways you can still support Shell: By participating in her Auction, here: http://catblogosphereauctions.blogspot.com/
Or by Donating, on her page, here: http://www.feralcatbehavior.com/

Thank you so much for asking!
Oh, and we are on week 1 of the auction - new items will be added regularly... This will be a 3-week auction... Keep coming by to check the items!

Thanks, Carolina.
I'm off to check out the auction.

ETA: Regarding payment for the auction items: can you pay with a credit card, or is it gonna be via PayPal? I don't have PayPal account, and I have no desire to set one up. I'd rather use a credit card...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks, Carolina.
I'm off to check out the auction.
By the way: On the auction, ALL $$$ goes to Shell, not only profit. So, it is the same as making a donation, but you get a cool item
. Plus, if you outbit someone, chances are, that person will be back to bid higher, giving even more money to Shell.......

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carolina, in case you didn't see this in my ETA:

I asked: Regarding payment for the auction items: can you pay with a credit card, or is it gonna be via PayPal? I don't have a PayPal account, and I have no desire to set one up. I'd rather use a credit card...

Another question: I'm not sure where I should leave a comment for the bid.
I didn't see anywhere to leave a comment on the page. Am I missing something?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Carolina, in case you didn't see this in my ETA:

I asked: Regarding payment for the auction items: can you pay with a credit card, or is it gonna be via PayPal? I don't have a PayPal account, and I have no desire to set one up. I'd rather use a credit card...

Another question: I'm not sure where I should leave a comment for the bid.
I didn't see anywhere to leave a comment on the page. Am I missing something?
Question #1: yes, you can pay with a credit card instead - it will give you that choice once you click on the paypal button. You just need to fill in the credit cad info and billing address, just like when you buy online.

Question #2: Here: http://catblogosphereauctions.blogsp....html#comments

Make sure to look at the comments, the latest from lucky and the ones after that to see the highest bids on the item you want

Again, to bid, Put Item #, Bid Amount and your TCS id/TCS

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Question #1: yes, you can pay with a credit card instead - it will give you that choice once you click on the paypal button. You just need to fill in the credit cad info and billing address, just like when you buy online.

Question #2: Here: http://catblogosphereauctions.blogsp....html#comments

Make sure to look at the comments, the latest from lucky and the ones after that to see the highest bids on the item you want

Again, to bid, Put Item #, Bid Amount and your TCS id/TCS

I thought you were supposed to give your name & email address - not your TCS ID.
At least that's the way I read it, anyway.

I'll check into it further when I log back on later.
Right now I gotta go eat something as I haven't done so yet....

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I thought you were supposed to give your name & email address - not your TCS ID.
At least that's the way I read it, anyway.

I'll check into it further when I log back on later.
Right now I gotta go eat something as I haven't done so yet....
You read it right.... Email is correct... But I am the one taking care of all the bids, and keeping them all together... In the past, some TCS members complained about leaving their email addresses in there and asked if they could be contacted via PM... which is why for TCS members I ask to leave their TCS id/TCS. I will send you a note with instructions in the end of the auction by PM

On paypal, there will be a field asking for blog name, email or TCS id

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for clarifying all of this, and KittKatt I am right there with ya in the
department
it doesn't take much for me, I need detailed steps to follow

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You read it right.... Email is correct... But I am the one taking care of all the bids, and keeping them all together... In the past, some TCS members complained about leaving their email addresses in there and asked if they could be contacted via PM... which is why for TCS members I ask to leave their TCS id/TCS. I will send you a note with instructions in the end of the auction by PM

On paypal, there will be a field asking for blog name, email or TCS id
So it would be best to NOT use your real name & email address till it's time to pay, which would be directly to you, right? I personally prefer it that way, as I don't like leaving any personal information online anywhere now-a-days - not with all the cybercrime out there.

Originally Posted by Feralvr

Thanks for clarifying all of this, and KittKatt I am right there with ya in the
department
it doesn't take much for me, I need detailed steps to follow
It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only
then.

Status
Not open for further replies.