Would you call this stealing? Or would this be an acception?

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would think if the puppy had no i.d. and you did not walk onto their property to get the puppy it was not stolen. That puppy was a stray.

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Property is theft." -- Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, 1840

The puppy is no more your neighbor's than it is yours. And/or vice-versa. Hope this helps.

brittany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Yes it was stealing and yes you were right to do it.

Sometimes that's the way it is....
I agree.

You stole the dog. But I can't say I wouldn't have wanted to do the same thing (except I have no idea how to take care of a dog LOL).

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm jumping in a bit late, but I chimed in that thread for you. The person who attacked you has a history of being trollish.

You definitely did the RIGHT thing.
And Heidi looks like a BC mix. I honestly would doubt Shepherd of any sort. But you'll be able to tell as she gets older. Collie is a possibility, but I am still rooting for BC as tricolors are common in their breed and the gene for the black muzzle is also common. It gives her the cutest look, covering up her black and tan markings!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already posted once, but wanted to add something.

About 7 yrs ago I did this EXACT same thing!
The "owners" of a dog left him tied up, outside(with a fenced yard
) and every day I would drive by there, he was literally skin and bones!! I always took him food...well one day he was tangled up in the fence, and thought to heck with it, hes comeing with me!! And indeed, thats just what he did! And needless to say he (Peanut) lived with me about 2 yrs.
Until he was viciously attacked and killed by our neighbors dog.

The sad thing, the other "owners" never once put up lost ad's or anything, so you know they didnt give a rats behind that he was gone!!!