Would you be ok with a used wedding ring?

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KatieLV

U ROCK!

I totally agree that Diamonds are played out. I think diamond mania is mainly present in US. Princess Di's engagement ring was a saphfire I believe. I truly believe that engagement ring has to reflect personality!!!
Diamonds do reflect some personalities.
I want pink diamonds on my next engagement ring. Something like this perhaps...

If I found the perfect ring, I wouldn't care if I found it on the street. I like nice things, period.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Purr

Diamonds do reflect some personalities.
I want pink diamonds on my next engagement ring. Something like this perhaps...

If I found the perfect ring, I wouldn't care if I found it on the street. I like nice things, period.
I love the fire of diamonds, but then I also have loved the Herkimer Diamonds (quartz) that I found when doing digs. I just love lovely stones, including diamonds.
This is a lovely ring! I've begun to appreciate how lovely yellow diamonds are as well.

And I was tickled beyond belief to receive a 3 stone diamond ring for our 10th anniversary this October

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Ok I didnt know what DH meant either but I do now

IMO, although I am not yet engaged, an engagement ring is something my boyfriend would pick out. I have every faith that he would only pick something which he knew I would love, he'd possibly get his mum to help him on that one...
If it had been used before I wouldn't mind because it means it has a story and I love stories. Also if it was something Mark picked out for me then I'd know that he had spent time thinking about what I'd like and looked around and come to the conclusion that this was the ring for me, so it would be 'my ring'. I'd just try not to think about what the ring may have been through before it arrived with me.
But I think your wedding rings are something you go and pick together and I don't think I would even think to go into a pawn shop to look for one. Id like matching wedding rings and the likelyhood of getting these in a pawn shop, Id think would be slim, although Ive never been to a pawn shop so could be wrong...

When my mum and dad got engaged he didnt have a ring for her so she used the one from her first, and very short, marriage. My parents had a disgraceful messy divorce. Although I wouldnt put it down to the ring...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lizch6699

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been having this conversation with other people and someone else made a good point, a wedding ring is probably the most sentimental thing a woman will recieve in her life from someone else. So why share? lol

butter&mumu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a wedding ring, an engagement ring, and an anniversary ring that goes all together. My wedding ring was my mother's who passed away at the early age of 35. My husband had it reset and fixed up for me. My engagement ring is brand new and cost to much if you ask me. My anniversary ring was bought at a pawn shop that had come from an elderly woman that had died earlier. I don't mind at all. My rings are worth a fortune and if I tried to by them now I probably would not be able to do it and I am far from poor! The pawned ring also does not bother me. It has good vibes. She led a good life and died happy. So we know that it was not from a divorce, etc. My husband's ring was from a pawn shop, but he never really wears it since his job won't allow it. ( he could loose his finger by catching it on equipment) So I am happy with what I have. I usually don't wear them except when I am out in public. I am not much of a jewelry person I guess

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldnt want a ring from a pawn shop, but I see it as more of buying it for me, instead of getting a good deal. Find a good deal (rebates, christmas sales, ect) on a hard drive! But I'm not one to ask, so seeing I probably wouldnt know if it did come from a pawn shop. I'd rather the diamond be smaller (to me, the most important thing is the colour, not the size.) and the band be a little bit wider than some inexpenisve huge diamond ring!

As for diamonds on the ring, I'm not a diamond person. My necklace from my boyfriend has the peridot, my birthstone. When discussing possiable rings (we went to a jewlery store at the mall & I told him what I liked, etc) I told him that I would like a diamond and that was the only piece of diamond jewlery I'd want. I'd just like to keep the diamond special. My two other rings are a plain white gold band & then we both have matching silver rings from james avery.