Would you be offended??

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I foster cats, and "try" to give them temporary names. Most of my kitties were renamed when adopted. I even tell my kids that we are giving them their baby names, and when adopted they will be renamed.

In fact, we called Jasmine "Red" at first, and renamed her when we decided to keep her. Her sister Blue was adopted, and they kept her name! And my foster Sugartoes...I never thought anyone would keep that name...but they said they were going to keep it! I think the rest got renamed.

We didn't plan to keep Festus, and named her before we knew she was a girl...by the time we decided to keep her, it was too late to rename her...so Festus it is!

I think they will be so thrilled to hear from you, that they won't care a bit that the kitty is renamed.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the rescue I helped out at last year people changed the names 90% of the time, we had a big bucket of names and judt pulled one each time we got a new animal in... most people who wrote to the rescue with photos etc had chosen the 'perfect' name for the animal and we always saved them and even put some on the website with their shelter name in brackets for anyone that remembered them