Would you be mad if strangers pet your cat?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Elora & Mia are indoors kitties too so this doesn't apply to them. Where we live now, we don't really have too many neighbors to speak of so I don't get to see kitties outside that I can pet. Our one neighbor lady does have indoor/outdoor cats but they aren't very friendly so I just 'watch' them as they come & go.

Before we moved here though, we lived in a subdivison for 10 years and oh boy were there cats! I loved petting them! Also, since I'm a GarageSaleJunkie, I've petted many a kitty I've encountered while out GarageSailing! Their owners were almost always present and didn't seem to mind...we'd usually strike up a conversation about our cats and they would quickly learn how much I love cats so they'd be very comfortable with my oooing and aaahhing over their kits!

Hilda>^..^<

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

However, growing up our cat always went outside as it was a safer family neighbourhood. The yards were big, giving domestic cats alot of space for territory. Rama, my cat then, would always sit at the end of the walk around 3:30pm waiting for all the school kids to walk home and give him some attention. We really couldn't complain as it was his choice to do so. It was mainly kids, parents and the occasional postman.
That's such a nice story. There's something so cute about him figuring out how to get the maximum amount of attention during the day. Because I'm sure the little devil wasn't getting enough at home so he had to beg for it from other people.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. Just as long as all they were doing was petting iher and giving her some love and not trying to run off with her. Chynna is a social butterfly. I think she would be mad if anyone passed by her without stopping to spend 20 minutes giving her "love bugs", LOL