Would you be annoyed?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would feel offended - and I do know how you feel.

When people come over, they always look at Harley - and tell me how FAT they think he is! "Wow, thats one FAT cat!" To me, thats like telling a mother that her child is fat - totally uncalled for. He's also not a big people person - he likes his family -me, John, ect. - but no one else really, depending on his mood. People will always say - I don't like that cat -I like the little one better.

It always hurts my feelings, I'd feel the same way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Thats the other thing that gets me Mackenzie, if anybody calls Sleeves fat. He's not fat he's half a kilogram overweight which is nothing. I dunno, maybe I am just too attached and overprotective of my cats.
She wasn't saying it to make conversation because I was actually on the phone to my sister at the time and heard her just come out with it.
It doesn't really matter, my kits are both loved equally I just wondered what you all thought.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bf has only met my kitties once, and he has already mentioned a few times that he doesnt like kaylee because she ran away from him.
I told him that she was more lovable than teufel but he wont believe it.. i cant wait till the day untill teufel will give him a big scratch and he will realise who is the nice one!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Thats the other thing that gets me Mackenzie, if anybody calls Sleeves fat. He's not fat he's half a kilogram overweight which is nothing. I dunno, maybe I am just too attached and overprotective of my cats.
She wasn't saying it to make conversation because I was actually on the phone to my sister at the time and heard her just come out with it.
It doesn't really matter, my kits are both loved equally I just wondered what you all thought.
It hurts my feelings too - mine are both loved equally, just like Sleeves and Nismo. Harley isn't fat either - he's just really big boned - he's like a tiger!

I don't think you're out of line to be mad - I'm usually pretty mad when people say stuff about Harley too!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I agree that it was completely rude, and she definately has no manners or couth.
but that was obvious from some of the other things you posted that she did. she basically sounds like a poorly raised 18 year old. she does things i would've never done at her age - my mother raised me better.

that said - i usually ignore it when people make these types of comments...my mom always told me to 'consider the source' before taking offense or hurt. if i don't value the opinion of the person talking, i just ignore their opinions.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

It hurts my feelings too - mine are both loved equally, just like Sleeves and Nismo. Harley isn't fat either - he's just really big boned - he's like a tiger!

I don't think you're out of line to be mad - I'm usually pretty mad when people say stuff about Harley too!

Ok, so here is my question....doesn't everyone love big cats? I sure do!!! There is nothing more handsome than a big strong boy! And our beloved Harley is not fat by any means, he is merely big & strong, and those are the qualities and "LuckyGirl"
would love to have in a boy!!!

(and we think he is the most handsomest boy around!!!! and he most certainly looks like a lion, or a tiger!)

Heather & LuckyGirl

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Ok, so here is my question....doesn't everyone love big cats? I sure do!!! There is nothing more handsome than a big strong boy! And our beloved Harley is not fat by any means, he is merely big & strong, and those are the qualities and "LuckyGirl"
would love to have in a boy!!!

(and we think he is the most handsomest boy around!!!! and he most certainly looks like a lion, or a tiger!)

Heather & LuckyGirl
I love big kitties too - more to snuggle with, of course!

I think Sleeves is gorgeous - I just adore his color. And of course Nismo - Harley's female twin!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I love big kitties too - more to snuggle with, of course!

I think Sleeves is gorgeous - I just adore his color. And of course Nismo - Harley's female twin!
They both say thankyou
Nismo says she would quite like a toyboy when Davidson is old enough

And of course I love both your kitties too, they are both beautiful

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister says she likes Rocket more than Mica and that Mica "looks like an old woman" whatever that means. With me my relationship with my sister can be weird and I just put what she says in context. I mean she has nothing against Meeky she just wants to get a rise out of me its the same thing as when she says she thinks we should use the loft upstairs (in the new house we are getting) as a guest room rather than a study like we intend. Her opinion makes no sense at all as the house is a cottage has not much storage space and the loft has plenty of cupboards to keep our stuff. She is just trying to get a rise out of me to make me look immature in front of our parents.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think maybe you are making too much of it. My daughter's boyfriend said, after meeting all my cats for the first time, that he liked all of them but he thought the boys were the nicest. But I understood completely why - Richard is a very active person, and the boys are the ones who most love rough and tumble play with cat wands and lasers. Richard spent hours playing with them while the others mostly just sat and watched. My students, when asked in a last-day-of-summer-school quiz, which was their favourite cat, mostly plumped for Dushka because she is the friendliest, but when asked which cat they identified most with and why, gave completely mixed answers. I was pleased because Bosnians are not cat people, cats are considered vermin in Sarajevo, and it meant that they recognised cats as persons with different personalities, an important lesson.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't make a big deal at the time, I just told her I didn't appreciate it. I just came on here to see what other people thought. I appreciate everybodies opinion and was interested to see how other people felt but I never made a big deal of the situation.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, that was sort of insensitive to say. I wouldn't ever want to say that because in my head it sounds rude. I guess I wouldn't be THAT upset if someone said that to me, but it wouldn't make me feel that great. One time I actally did like it is when instead of liking the puppies in my family, my friend said the liked my older dog (who has now passed away
) the best because she was so sweet and had amazingly beautiful, big, round, deep brown eyes. Then my heart swelled because it made me feel good. But still, I try extremely hard to make sure all my babies know they are appreciated and not to show favoritism.