Would This Be Safe To Eat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Ain't that the truth... Our furbabies get nothing but the best of everything and we...... well, we get what's left. If we don't hear from you, I will send out the "expired food police" to save you
I've run out of canned cat food a couple of times, so ended up giving them tuna just so they'd have their breakfast.

A few times I ran out of both, so I ended up rummaging through the freezer for meat that I could thaw out and cook for them...

FWIW, I decided I'm not gonna use the outdated Hamburger Helper. I guess I'd rather play it safe than sorry. I gotta be here to take care of the furkids.
If worse comes to worse, I'll dip into our "emergency" food supply: at least I know that's safe....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I came across that "best if used by" information when looking up how long different meats can be frozen.
I always guage something by how it looks and smells, though if it has ANY dairy product in it at all, or something that was made that had dairy products in it, I toss it if it's a few months past the date, even if it smells and looks OK.