Would it be OK if I started posting again?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys are sooo funny!!

The offer still stands - I'll send you a jar of Vegemite and in exchange, you send me a small toy for next season's orphaned kittens. Just e-mail or PM me and let me know your address.

As for whether Vegemite and Marmite are about the same - there is NO comparison!! Vegemite is far superior and I am absolutely insulted that anyone would even write them in the same sentence!!!!! Shame on you guys!!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Well, I tried Vegemite once, years ago... My Australian penpal and his friend were staying with us and they had this jar of vegemite for breakfast. They must have been addicted as they've been carrying the stuff all over the globe

As for me... well, maybe it is one of those things that need to grow on you or better still, you need to grow up on them...

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in...what the heck...I want to try this stuff!!! It was in one of my favorite 80's songs....can't remember which one....something about a vegemite sandwich....you will have to tell me what to do with the stuff, though...spread it on bread??? I will PM you!

auburn412

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Debby
I'm in...what the heck...I want to try this stuff!!! It was in one of my favorite 80's songs....can't remember which one....something about a vegemite sandwich....you will have to tell me what to do with the stuff, though...spread it on bread??? I will PM you!
down under, by men at work from the business as usual album.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everything you ever wanted to know about Vegemite can be found here: http://www.vegemite.com.au!!!! For those who have requested some wonderful Vegemite, I'll include a little instruction sheet on exactly what to do with it.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it has vegetable extracts in it....hmmm
Well its black and very strong tasting and you spread it on bred or toast
Mmmmmm Good
Sam

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jeanie, don't say a word, mate! I could hear the cogs in that head of yours turning - you were about to tell me EXACTLY what I can do with my Vegemite!

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to go into London in a few days time for a meeting - while there I will pop into the Aus stronghold of Earls Court and try to find a deli/Aus-shop that sells the dreaded V-stuff to see what the difference is for myself.

As for steak and kidney pudding - although I wasn't raised on puddings (not being of English/British parents), I have to admit to liking boiled suet-type puddings - but only very occasionally, it's seriously fattening and only really a winter food. The plum pudding actually sounds quite delish Jeannie.

I haven't head of potted head - I will ask my friend Erica who hails from Scotland . . .

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yola, if you can't find any there, I can always send you some! I couldn't live with myself, knowing that there are people out there who might want Vegemite and can't have it! I've already had some requests and I'd be happy to send you some too.

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kumbulu - that's very sweet of you - I'd really like that.

I guess you need my address - what would you like me to do - PM it to you?

Do you want to let me know what the postage would be, alternatively I could respond by sending you a delicacy from here. Anything you'd like in particular?

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yola, here's what I wrote in a post earlier in this thread, I know some people might have missed it:

The offer still stands - I'll send you a jar of Vegemite and in exchange, you send me a small toy for next season's orphaned kittens. Just e-mail or PM me and let me know your address.
This applies to anyone who'd like to try Vegemite!!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tania, you really have a good heart.
(for the kitties, that is! LOL) I really mean it; you are being very generous!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No need to send Vegemite, but welcome back!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister was doing research in Australia for 6 month and when she came home she brought some vegamite. I tried it a few times - it wasn't horrid, but sorry that is the best I can say about it!

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the encouragement, Jeanie. You know, I get so much out of looking after the little ones too - it works both ways.

Now Deb and Ady, I'm very disappointed about your aversion to Vegemite, I didn't know there was anyone on Earth who didn't like it!
Ady, Are you sure it wasn't Marmite or Promite? Now, THEY'RE yukky!