Worst gifts of all time

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it wasn't really a "bad" gift, but when I started smoking, my grandpa decided to be funny and give me some tobacco and rolling papers for Christmas
the only thing was, he put them in a box that had the word WORMS on the outside, I guess it from when he bought worms for bait or something , BTW he didn't put the stuff in that particular box on purpose, but it freaked me out so bad the I wouldn't open it!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

y'all definitely need to improve the class of people you hang out with
The "hoof" came from a relative. I wish I could improve them.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

What is a white elephant gift exchange?
you bring something you've received that you have no use for. sometimes they're ok things, you just can't use them. sometimes people bring really icky stuff, tho. then we usually have a chinese gift exchanged with them - that's where you draw numbers & get to steal each other's gifts. fun - especially when the gifts are mostly junk!

beccory

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Worst gift I ever recieved? That would be Valentine's day my senior year of high school. My (now very ex) bf told me he'd gotten "everything women want" for me- aka flowers, jewelry, chocolate. Now, first of all, he knew several things. one, I hate gold. Two, I hate diamonds. Three, I'm allergic to walnuts. Four, I've never recieved real roses and want very little more than a dozen red roses (My middle name is rose and I've NEVER been given real roses). So, for valentines day, he gave me:
A purple rose made of feathers
A tiny box with two (cheap) chocolate walnut clusters
and the grande finale, he proposed, with a GOLD RING, with a (ack) heart shaped stone (bleah!). unfortunately I had to accept because he was abusive and scary, but that June I dumped him.

Over our 2.5 year relationship he gave me a feather rose, a glass rose, a metal rose, a plastic rose, and a chocolate rose. He said he didn't like real roses because they die. So? I like real roses...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I almost forgot this one: the first three gifts my husband ever gave me were lamps. We now have a rule that he can't buy me anything that plugs in.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really can't compete with the urinal or hoof decanter, but every xmas since I was about 6 my uncle gives me a nightie the size of a tent. They are Always pink or purple with cartoon dogs or bears on the front (i've never liked those colours). I now (and only just) fit the ones i got before i was 10, unless i gain about 50lb thats how it'll stay

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my birthday, about 3 months after my husband and I met, I got a calculator from him. And a note about how much he appreciated my friendship. Ack! I was 24, and a music major - a calculator??? Well, I must admit, it did work well for many years. And he's gotten much better at gift-giving!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sure there are other terrible gifts I've received when I was younger but the one I remember the most was from Chad!

It was probably 2 years ago- for Valentine's Day- we went away for the weekend and I got him something really special and went the extra mile and pampered him all day. So when it came time to exchange gifts he got me a Dori flashlight! It looks like something you would buy at a gas station for a kid
I was so bummed at the time but I still have it and we use it on occassion!