worst gift

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an SO one year that I bought a motorcycle lift for, along with a cool garage stool that had a storage space for tools. I loved him very much, so I took special care getting his gifts, because I knew he'd be thrilled with them.

He bought me an ugly, SHORT bathrobe (I only wear long ones, and he knew that) in a color I never wear, and a candle that had been on clearance (still had the price tag on it, showing me how cheap he was.) That was it. It proved to me that he really didn't care about me, or he would have actually THOUGHT about what I liked and what would have made me happy.

Instead, he made me feel like an obligatory afterthought.

Needless to say, I returned the bathrobe, got one I actually LIKED, and kicked his butt to the curb within a couple of months after that.

I wish I could have kept the presents I'd gotten for him.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I had an SO one year that I bought a motorcycle lift for, along with a cool garage stool that had a storage space for tools. I loved him very much, so I took special care getting his gifts, because I knew he'd be thrilled with them.

He bought me an ugly, SHORT bathrobe (I only wear long ones, and he knew that) in a color I never wear, and a candle that had been on clearance (still had the price tag on it, showing me how cheap he was.) That was it. It proved to me that he really didn't care about me, or he would have actually THOUGHT about what I liked and what would have made me happy.

Instead, he made me feel like an obligatory afterthought.

Needless to say, I returned the bathrobe, got one I actually LIKED, and kicked his butt to the curb within a couple of months after that.

I wish I could have kept the presents I'd gotten for him.
Glad you kicked him to the curb!!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year for Christmas, my aunt who lives in Newfoundland (and I am in Ontario) sent me a shirt and a see through pair of lacy underwear. The shirt was kids size 14, but the underwear fit...they were just VERY uncomfortable. I dont think she realized that I am 20 and I wear a size medium or large, not kids sizes.

My mom once bought me this really ugly lipstick holder. I don't wear lipstick. My mom always buys me makeup bags and stuff, but the only makeup I own is a bit of cover up, some eye shadow and a couple of lip glosses.

When I was 17, I got everything you need to move out of the house. Dishes, lamps, silverware, dish towels, microwave, etc. I was going to school the following year but it was still weird presents. It was weird to get nothing that I could use for another 9 months.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got a nighty when I was 17, it was from a SO who was dating me for only a few weeks. Now normally I get tons of pjs at christmas, but this was .... very, very different. Printed on the front was a full length bikini with a nice curvy body to go with it, and on the back it was the same, but the thong was very urm ... tight?

I dumped him on New Years, because it never really worked with him anyway.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Glad you kicked him to the curb!!
Thanks! I LOVE that graphic, LOL!

Actually, there was more to it than just crappy giftys, but it was an excellent illustration of how he was NOT the right guy for me!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I got a stuffed animal made out of real reindeer fur. For Christmas.

Fortunately I was old enough that I no longer believed in Santa Claus and did not immediately assume that the gift-giver had skinned one of Santa's reindeer in order to make my present, but still ... Reindeer fur? For Christmas? Give your head a shake, man!

And no, he wasn't trying to be funny or ironic. He actually thought it was an appropriate gift for a 20-something animal rights activist.
That's horrible!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

It wasn't me, but one year my dad gave my mom-get this- a big ol' shop vac for Christmas
! Of course she didn't ask for one
- he wanted one, and apparently thought it would be funny
Except it was the only gift he got her
! I don't think they spoke to each other for a week, at least.
Next Christmas, though, he got a nice set of pots and pans
. He didn't say a word.
Touche, Mom!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Last year for Christmas, my aunt who lives in Newfoundland (and I am in Ontario) sent me a shirt and a see through pair of lacy underwear. The shirt was kids size 14, but the underwear fit...they were just VERY uncomfortable. I dont think she realized that I am 20 and I wear a size medium or large, not kids sizes.

My mom once bought me this really ugly lipstick holder. I don't wear lipstick. My mom always buys me makeup bags and stuff, but the only makeup I own is a bit of cover up, some eye shadow and a couple of lip glosses.

When I was 17, I got everything you need to move out of the house. Dishes, lamps, silverware, dish towels, microwave, etc. I was going to school the following year but it was still weird presents. It was weird to get nothing that I could use for another 9 months.
I think they were hinting to ya !!!! I know one thing I would have ask for would have been a Newfoundland Hound
If that's where they come from, I LOVE those dogs

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My x SIL got me army rations one year.
Bags of food they give out to the military that you just add water and eat. When I opened it, everyone just looked like what the heck is that? She was so excited, coming over to me, explaing that all I had to do was add water.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Bags of food they give out to the military that you just add water and eat. When I opened it, everyone just looked like what the heck is that? She was so excited, coming over to me, explaing that all I had to do was add water.
What the HECK!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my I bet they weren't to grand, I would not be able to eat them, I am a very picky eater, My DH tells me he could never take me any place out of the country cause I'd starve to death...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Oh my I bet they weren't to grand, I would not be able to eat them, I am a very picky eater, My DH tells me he could never take me any place out of the country cause I'd starve to death...
I didnt even attempt to eat them

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

a polyester sweater with leopard print appliques

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
The bad part about that is you can't even burn it. Polyester is bad for the ozone layer.

I'd wear it to every family function for the rest of time.

cathyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

While I wouldn't be too thrilled receiving them for a gift I will say they aren't that bad. My nephew is in the Army and had some and forced me to try them and I was very surprised to find that they were pretty good. Especially the desserts!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Well, I guess you might have to give her points for "unique"
!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A relation of mine sent me 4 of what I can only call doll like things. They were hidious! There were dressed in old fashioned clothes from the 20's? maybe? looked like carolers but I swear they could've been nut crackers without working mouths. It was strange to say the least. I never DID figure out exaxtly what they were, I just politely thanked them and put them away until one of my friends saw them and asked me if they could have them. My mom always sends my DH medium shirts and me large ones, which makes us laugh since he wears XLG and I wear medium. I tell her that time and time again. She's so forgetful!
That's why I love her!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A couple soaps from the dollar store, and a USED address book. I opened it up and it looked sorta new, but not completely new...and so I flipped through it, and on a few pages, there were addresses written down. And not addresses of anyone I know, so it's not like she was trying to be helpful and put down family addys for me or something. This was from my wierd aunt-the same wierd aunt that gives my mother FOOD for Christmas. My mother is not poor and does not need food as a present, but every year she gets a box of canned and dried food items, actually wrapped in wrapping paper, from my Aunt. When I first heard she'd started doing this, I was furious for my mom (becuase she gives these gifts in front of the whole family), but my mom, bless her, has such a great sense of humor that she got me to laugh about it - and so thats what we do, every Christmas, when I call her (I live far away from her and usually cant get home for Christmas). We talk about how we've been and how our Christmas went, and then I ask her if she got her box of food, and she says "Oh yes, don't know what I would have eaten if I hadn't got it this year"