Worried as not sure how far my pregnant cat is

Shadowblack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone, I'm new here :).

I have taken in a beautiful black short-haired cat who is pregnant. I took her to the vets Saturday just gone and they done an ultrasound and said she is quite far gone already but could only say between 43 -60 days. I know they can only give an estimate of course. But that's quite a far gap 🤔... I'm just so worried as I want to make sure I have everything prepared in time especially being here for her, as I I want to make sure I don't leave the house.. she's quite a small skinny cat and isn't big at all. On the ultrasound they could see the kitten moving around heart beat skull, spine etc. Fully formed kitten. I haven't been able to see the kitten move around but I have felt them inside her which feels like a lump or ball like and felt only as I can describe popping popcorn movements. I'm not sure if that's a good indicator of anything ? Any advise would be amazing thanks so much :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shadowblack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you!! I have been advised by the vets for the kitten milk incase they don't drink from her. Is lactol from beaphar. Is that what I need to be giving the mum now too ? As I was told.only kitten wet and/or dry food.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, mom will benefit from it also, starting now through her nursing days. She needs the extra calcium. The beaphar is fine.

Shadowblack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok thank you. Will need to buy some right away. And may I ask maybe out of experience how far I could guess estimatedley how far pregnant she is. As my anxiety is through the roof if I'm not watching her on time or not at home with her. As i mentioned before the vets just said between 43-60 days. As she's quite slim and haven't seen movement but have felt like a lump, ball As such in her belly it being the kittens and very slight movement when just resting my hands on her belly. But she's so slim so not sure if it's because she's already dropped or not 😞 thanks so much again.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have no way of knowing. Can you post a picture of her from above so we can see her sides? Did they only see one kitten?

I had my vet do an x-ray which showed exactly 4 kittens and he said they would come in about ten days. He could tell by their bone development on the x-ray. They came 12 days later! An ultrasound is not as precise.

Shadowblack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have no way of knowing. Can you post a picture of her from above so we can see her sides? Did they only see one kitten?

I had my vet do an x-ray which showed exactly 4 kittens and he said they would come in about ten days. He could tell by their bone development on the x-ray. They came 12 days later! An ultrasound is not as precise.
here are the best pictures I could get, and this is the one from the ultrasound where the mouse click is is the spine

Attachments