Worried About Quality Of Life For Our Older Cat

Joel Sapp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Middle ear growth he's not himself can't tell if he's in pain or suffering are debating on having him put down wondering if anyone has been through this before

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Joel Sapp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please help anyone

cindycrna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Give more background on kitty. Age, health, ect. While not dealt with an ear growth, it is way early to be talking put to sleep.

Joel Sapp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Give more background on kitty. Age, health, ect. While not dealt with an ear growth, it is way early to be talking put to sleep.
He's a 12 yr old mixed breed male chronic upper respiratory problem was adopted. vets are saying to give steroids and antibiotics time but he is getting worse quickly he cannot drink or eat he seems to be scared to do anything but later behind the couch he will not even cuddle with his momma which was his most favorite thing in the world. this came on extremely quickly one day he was himself the next he was wobbly and scared

Joel Sapp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What does the vet say? What options provided?
Vet said give the medicine time and he could be around for a few more years but what kind of life is he going to lead when he seems scared to even move rally no other options for him

Joel Sapp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well we put him to sleep he was ready and we were with him the the whole time he is not suffering any more anyone reading this please keep an eye on your kitties for signs and hope you have a good happy life with your fur babies

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Consider starting a thread in the Crossing the Bridge forum here
Crossing the Bridge
We understand the pain from losing a cherished cat.
I joined TCS after losing my Kiki in just 3 days back in January.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Middle ear growth he's not himself can't tell if he's in pain or suffering are debating on having him put down wondering if anyone has been through this before

Hi Joel! Welcome to the site even though it's under heartbreaking circumstances. :hugs:

I'm so sorry about your dear kitty! So many of us have experienced loss of a dear pet, so we do understand even though our situations aren't exactly the same. You will find a lot of support on the crossing the bridge forum. And it can be helpful to you to process your grief by starting a new post there, when you are ready to, no rush.

I'm also so sorry you didn't get responses any sooner than you did. It made me feel so bad for you reading your 2nd post asking for help. Being new here you couldn't have known what else to do. In the future, if you need help fast, you can flag your own post, which will alert a moderator who will then see your post and respond to you. Just look below the body of the post on the left side. You'll see a flag icon and the word flag. Click that and fill out the form asking for anyone to help you and someone will respond. I'm sorry I didn't see your post or I would have responded. It's a big site. Many hugs to you at this sad time. We understand how you are feeling.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to hear that you had to put him down. It is such a heartbreaking thing to go through, especially since it happened so quickly that you barely had a chance to respond. Sometimes, this does happen, unfortunately - I'm so sorry it happened to you. I want to second everyone's suggestion that you post in Crossing the Bridge. Many people get a lot of comfort from talking with others who understand and have been there.

May your kitty RIP. :rbheart: :redheartpump: :rbheart: