worried about new mom and kittens!

alliread

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well congrats, on the kitten's.
I looked at your slideshow and they are so cute..I did have a question, and maybe I was seeing things, but is one of momma's nipples more swollen then the others? If so does it look like its painful...
If i was seeing things, then just ignore that..
Because that might be a reason they were having trouble,,

And i thought id give you my input on the basket..
Is it a regular laundry basket? I used one when my Squiggles had her baby, and even thought it was just her and her baby, she hated it, and wanted the kitty anywhere else...

So if it seems cramped, and she ends up giving you a problem again, try something bigger...

Good luck with the adorable babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

s0nya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! We do have something bigger in the room. It's a small dog carrier. She fits in there with pleanty of room, and it has a towel and what not in there, so if she gets cramped hopefully she'll move in there. The litter box is smaller than the basket so I don't think size is the issue. The nipple didn't look bigger than the others I think it was just the aspect of the photo. Her belly has gone down a whole lot today and she looks much more comfy, and the kittens are latching on well. I didn't get to weigh them because I didn't want to upset her. She really likes when i rub on her neck, that's when she starts to roll over as seen in the pictures.

tricia.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also was going to ask about the nipple. It looks really big. I saw the slideshow and the best picture was the one that looks like mom is telling a secret or kissing her kit

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like she's being a really good momma. I imagine she was stressed out; I don't think I understood she was an outside cat (reading at work, oops.) Good job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

s0nya

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she was a stray. she stumbled apon our backyard and moved right in. She was so skinny we kept feeding her, though we thought she was a boy!
When she got the cut on her neck we let her in to try and clean it up, and we wanted to keep it from getting infected so we kept her in, that's when we realized she was pregnant, so we kept her in. She won't be going back out until she's fixed, and she doesn't really care to go out either. She has been very confused which is probably why she is being a bit aggressive. I don't think she even realized she was having kittens until the 2nd kitten came and was living and moving. She's catching on fast though! Thanks for all the great discussion, I appreciate it!

tricia.