Worried about my cat, any help appreciated

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's what I was confused about. She said it's probably from some sort of cancer but aren't there tests they can run or signs of it being the cause? I'll be checking in with the vet this week so I'll be sure to ask more questions. Maybe I was just emotional yesterday and missed some key points. Cancer is seriously the WORST. It took my grandma from us earlier this year and I know this sounds so silly but when the vet was explaining about the fluid around the cats lungs and it potentially being cancerous I felt like I was reliving that whole experience. Our fur babies are part of our family too so it's hard to see them sick. Thank you all for your feedback!
Do yourself a big favor, ring the vet today and ask for confirmation that fluid HAS been sent off for analysis, and when the results can be expected.

The receptionist can look at his file and tell you if it has and how long until the results are in, it should be around 3 working days.

The results will tell all, no need to test anything further until these results come back.

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been away for a couple of days and I'm wondering how sweet Roux is doing.

Has the vet said anything else about her condition, were you able to call the vet yesterday.

Please keep us posted.

I'll be thinking about you both.  Fingers crossed. xoxo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashleypaige

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I called the vet and she basically said she didn't send the fluid to be tested because most of the time they send back inconclusive results with several potential diagnoses. She said they wouldn't be able to determine anything that she hasn't already seen for herself. Roux is looking and acting a lot better but still breathing really heavy. She was prescribed a steroid and diuretic but the cat is seriously too smart for me. I try hiding the pills in her food or a treat but she will eat everything and spit the pill out. I think it's just a slow wearing process at this point because they vet said the fluid will just build back up.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try crushing the pill up into a powder, and then mixing it in her food, which I am assuming is a wet food. That was the only way I could get my cat to take his pills when he was sick, and it worked. He didn't seem to mind the taste mixed into his food.