Worried about a personality change in resident cat

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get some of the ones with spikes on the bottom that are meant to stick into carpet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wolfxzer0

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE #5

A change events have just happened...

Maxie escaped the sanctuary room.  But in doing so, this happened while the feeding exercise was happening.  He ate, then left to observe the rooms as usual.

This time I did not bother closing the doors. I wanted to see the interaction for myself to see if I needed to move forward or go a few steps back.  Boo perched herself on top of her cat tree after Maxie went to the window by the kitchen.

Then after a good two hours, and lot of growling and hissing from Boo, a miracle happened.  I caught it on tape too.

Maxie went below Boo, and started rolling and showing his butt.  Boo observed this, and directly after, BOO gave up hissing and growling.   She tried to go to sleep.

I'm going to keep the introduction short, and still separate them so it doesn't prolong obviously.  But she just randomly gave up, and started blinking at him.  Occasionally, she started growling when he got near, but when he just ignored her, she just fell asleep...  IN addition she seems to just be closing her eyes, and tucking her feet under.

I'm entirely confused...

I'm guessing this was good?  I'm also thinking about getting Maxie a walking harness to get some of that "outdoor" energy he had before.  Maybe will help with ripping up the carpet due to boredom. 
  He has flea prevent of course.