worms/urinary track infection

batrice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a thought. Do you think a cat can get a urinary track infection through worms he has??? My cat had one dose of droncit in Nov he was all clear. In jan he started having slight blood in urine then it stopped then it just started again. Vet put him on Baytril. Now he spit up worms. Vet said yes he has worms again and to give him droncet. Seems sort of coincidental the two happening at the same time??

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would think that the worms could have made him stressed and lowered his immune system perhaps, but I don't think they would have actually given the infection to him themselves directly. But I am also not a vet.

petnurse2265

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did you take a second fecal sample in after he was wormed? Sometimes depending on how severe the infestation is it may take more than one dose of wormer to take care of the problem.

One problem would not cause the other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batrice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes i took his stools in two different times and they were fine. Also to clarify they gave me drontal not droncet. He's been strictly indoors ever since i got him and also had advantage put on him along with the drontal when captured and at vet in Nov 04. I feel so bad for Kitty. He's come around so much loves to be petted and loves to play. You would never know he has these problems. But due to his intelligence he's showed me everytime. Peed on his flannel sheet to show me his urinary problem, then spit up worms on the sheet again to tell me he had worms. I have noticed his bad breath lately told the vet that but they never react to everything one says.