Worms In A Feral Cat

ruey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of the feral cats I have been feeding has developed bald patches over his body the past few months. Today I saw a worm sticking out of his butt. I believe he has either tape or round worms. I can't catch him and get him to the vet. I am thinking to order Drontal pills and to put it in his food. I can't touch him. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drontal is way too bitter to go in the food. He probably won't eat it, and if he does, he will puke because it's so bitter. Trust me, I've been through this. Drontal has to be given by pill gun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My ferals will take a pill in their food.

Pick THIS WORMER up at Walmart and put the whole pill in his food.

The pill is really small.

Be sure that you get the one for SMALL dogs.
Thanks I will give it a try! I don't know what kind of worms he has but I feel so bad for the poor guy. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Drontal is way too bitter to go in the food. He probably won't eat it, and if he does, he will puke because it's so bitter. Trust me, I've been through this. Drontal has to be given by pill gun.
will try the petarmor that someone else recommended...don't want him spitting out something that bitter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it flavored? It appears to have the same ingredients as Drontal, I'm just worried it will be just as bitter. My cats always puke the Drontal up if I put it in their food.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had that problem, Maggie, but lord knows cats are all different. When I give it to a feral I actually sit there with them while they eat so I'll know they taken it. I've never seen any evidence of it being spit up, but I gotta confess that I've never tasted it myself!

Kgrl2018

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow,really I can use this for my feral kitties,even though it says it's for dogs? My vet won't get me any Drontal,says he has to exam cat,which is not going to happen with ferals!!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow,really I can use this for my feral kitties,even though it says it's for dogs? My vet won't get me any Drontal,says he has to exam cat,which is not going to happen with ferals!!
Yes, you can. And not to be mean, but I think your vet should have told you it was available over the counter. He or she sounds somewhat money motivated to me.