Worlds best lavender scented multIple cat clumping cat litter vs BLUE Naturally Fresh Multi-Cat Qui

logantwein

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was just wondering which you think is better? thanks!!!

Logan

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the BLUE walnut based litter for my cats. It's one of the only litters I can use for my cats because of their severe allergies and EGC. We tried a number of litters previously but they would have allergy symptoms or even get sores/infections on their paws from using them.

I don't use World's Best because of their allergies since it is corn based;  they also have food allergies including grains. I also stay away from things that contain essential oils or fragrance oils as they can be harmful to cats.

I also like the BLUE litter as it does a good job of odor absorption (better than most I've tried) and an adequate job with clumping. The only thing I don't like about it is the dark brown color is somewhat off-putting, and it can get stuck to my cats' feet a little bit, although many others I've tried were much worse with this.

Last edited:

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used blue and really did not like it. It was a huge mess (may have just been my bag). It did not clump well and there was brown dust from one end of the house to the other side, and my white cats were both covered in brown dust.

I have also used the regular worlds best and it is fine but is also dusty and tracks but not as bad as the blue. I believe lavender is poisonous to cats so I would suggest using the regular one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

logantwein

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks guys!!! wow
I hate when companies sell something that is deadly to cats, that may just be enough for me not to buy from them, so I think I will try the blue stuff, and nekochan, was there something you did that had your cats start using it? I hear if they are on clay it is hard to get them to switch, did that hold true for yours? and like I said thanks guys!!!!!!

Logan

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I've been pretty lucky with switching, I switched my cats' litter a bunch of times when I was trying to find something that didn't bother their allergies. Even though before that they were on clay litter for a long time they never had trouble adjusting to the changes, except they did not like when I switched to only Tidy Cat Breeze boxes. Now I use a mix, I use Tidy Cat Breeze litter boxes which have plastic pellets, and then I use the BLUE litter in another box. They will use both equally but they like to have one box that is not the Breeze type.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
thanks guys!!! wow:argh: I hate when companies sell something that is deadly to cats, that may just be enough for me not to buy from them, so I think I will try the blue stuff, and nekochan, was there something you did that had your cats start using it? I hear if they are on clay it is hard to get them to switch, did that hold true for yours? and like I said thanks guys!!!!!!

Logan
One suggestion is to mix a little of the new litter in with the old and gradually increase it. I've found it works well to change one box entirely and let them get used to it while they still have access to the old litter. My cats took to the walnut litter very quickly.

Be sure you get the multi-cat walnut formula. The regular formula it extremely dusty and doesn't clump well. The multi-cat has much less dust, clumps better, and has better odor control. You do have to follow the directions and wait at least 15 minutes for the clumps to harden before scooping.

logantwein

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks for answering!!!!!! and I guess I may try world best just not that one.

maple syrup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i'd avoid anything artifically 'scented'  Not only could it be an allergy issue, but cats are sensitive to smells, and it may put them off of using litter.  I think this is what caused our kitten to start peeing everywhere except the litter box.  It was suggested that I try a pine litter that was scented when we were searching for the right litter.  Even I thought the scent was too much to handle and ended up throwing out the rest of the bag.  I now use the Natural Fresh Blue walnut.  The wheat litters out there come with other problems as well.  Not only are they dusty and track a bit more, but your cat might think it is food!  I've also seen recently a moss litter that was extremely inexpensive, but am afraid to even try it.  Anyone have any experience with it?

logantwein

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A moss litter that is odd, and now I get what you mean by scented litter. thanks for answering!!!