Worlds Best Cat Litter/urine Color

cg33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody,

My boy, Howie, uses Worlds best cat litter. I have noticed before that sometimes the urine is a strange color, but I've chalked it up to just being the litter. Today though, it was really obvious. I've attached a photo. To the others who use Words best cat litter, have you seen this before. Or is it worrisome? He doesn't have any symptoms that something is wrong, but I'm wondering if it is blood in the urine.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been a while since i used worlds best litter. But like you i would be a bit concerned, it seems awfully dark. I think to be safe i would have a vet visit to get him checked out. i would think if it were just the litter reacting with the urine it would always be this color. But you say only sometimes? I would have a vet check. Urinary problems can turn bad, especially for a male cat very quickly. Do keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cg33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Howie spent half the day at the vet. It turns out that he has a pretty bad UTI. I feel terrible that I didn't recognize this sooner. He just didnt do any of the things that I would recognize as a sick cat. He was playful, affectionate, tail up, eating, using the litter box.....They gave him a steroid shot and an antibiotic shot. The vet also wants to switch to Royal Canin urinary health/calming food. Howie is not very happy about everything that went down today, but I'm glad that he is going to be feeling better!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im very glad you took him on in to the vet. I do like light color litter for these type of reasons! I use grass litter, and it is much the same color as the worlds best. I use walnut litter as well, and i worry that i would not see issues.

Cats are very good at hiding illness and pain, don't beat yourself up about that. You know more what to watch for now. I hope he feels much better soon! Do keep us updated with how he is doing! :heartshape: