Work - smile or frown?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol only if your boss is scared to come to work now until i leave?
me and him had a little talk in the parking lot, since then he will sit in the parking lot and wait for me to leave.

lol people try to find a reason to make me stay longer, so he wont come in the office.
the other day he came in and tossed everthing on his desk on the floor and made the other people in the office clean it up.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

the other day he came in and tossed everthing on his desk on the floor and made the other people in the office clean it up.
Now that's what i call losing it!
And that sounds similar to things that have happend here as well. The cleaners polish was threw in the bin all because it was in his way
You have to laugh though otherwise it would make you just as bad

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my job. I work as an RN Surgical First Assistant. I really feel like I make a positive impact on people's lives. I'm proud of what I do and what we accomplish in our O.R.

Lately, I've been a bit frustrated by the work ethic of the young people entering the workforce. They want to do the very least possible, to get the maximum pay and benefits possible. In general, they are quite lazy and extremely ego-centric. I realize that is a huge generalization, and there are a few who are hard workers with a strong work ethic, but mostly, it's a thing of the past. The thing that really frightens me is....these are the individuals who will be taking care of ME in my golden years. YIKES!!!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its almost always smiles for me. Although there is one very crazy lady I work with that has no reason to still be employed with us, but our boss feels sorry for her. So days that its just me and her I'm not smiling as much, if any.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a job for a year and a half that I LOVED! I moved so I had to leave the job behind
I would even go in 1/2 to an hour early just to hang out, I didn't get paid anymore, I just loved being there.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I had to choose, it would be a

My actual job ranges from decent to downright boring. But I do like the institution I work for, especially the benefits and and great coworkers.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
95% with a smile but I`m quite lucky as I work in the 2 houses above my flat so no long journey!

There was a few staff changes 2 months ago and things have changed for the better. So it`s all good at the moment!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I love my job.

Lately, I've been a bit frustrated by the work ethic of the young people entering the workforce. They want to do the very least possible, to get the maximum pay and benefits possible. In general, they are quite lazy and extremely ego-centric. I realize that is a huge generalization, and there are a few who are hard workers with a strong work ethic, but mostly, it's a thing of the past. The thing that really frightens me is....these are the individuals who will be taking care of ME in my golden years. YIKES!!!

Boy - ain't it the truth!

I absolutely hated my last job (retail). Most of the peeps I worked w/ were cool (with a few exceptions), but the company sucked, and most of the customers were jerks, too..

I LOVED the job I had prior to that (before moving out-of-state), which was a customer service rep for a catalog company.
Towards the end of it though, it was beginning to get to me, b/c a bigger corporation took over the company, and then it started to go downhill after that. Too many company kiss-butts were in charge, and it got to be all "money, money, money - make us more!" instead of being the customer-friendly/employees matter kind of company that it once was..
And I also loved the job I had when I was working at a food bank, but I ended up leaving that one b/c the boss-lady turned corrupt, and wanted me to "cheat" the bookwork by transferring the bank funds into account where they didn't belong (I was working in the office). I reported her, and she was later brought up on embezzlement charges and fired..

I'm no longer working now due to a deteriorating spinal condition, and I miss working..

~KK~

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love what i do (vet tech) and getting to help animals and all- but some days are just soo frusterating dealing with irresponsible people/etc i have to force myself to get out of my comfy bed and go deal with people i want to strangle
Sundays are the worst- i get stuck cleaning the entire shelter by myself (yea, i'm supposed to do just medical work, but get stuck doing kennels every sun
) -so those are the days i dread the most- it's way too much work for one person. Sometimes my volunteers show, but sometimes they don't.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It always makes me sad when people are not happy with their jobs

I've had 2 jobs that made me
and after I found this job that I seriously adore, I swore to myself that if I ever needed to find another job (God forbid!), I would never settle for something that made me unhappy. You are at your job for far too many hours to be unhappy!

I'm currently an Office Manager at an outpatient mental health clinic, working with 7 therapists isn't so bad
I think my worst job was my last one, a Finance Manager at a car dealership. Talk about headaches & long hours! No thanks!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

It always makes me sad when people are not happy with their jobs

:
yea, its rough sometimes, only the fact that work alone most of the time,makes it ok.

let put it this say, this job starts at 55,000 a year(which for this area is good money) We hvae not been able to keep a new person in 2 years now, cause of are boss, they leave before they even find a new job.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am suprised so many people smile at their jobs. That is a good thing.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure anymore. Our boss (well my boss) just got fired today for stealing again.

She tried to take me and another co worker out with her by lying to the owner.
I was so mad. I hope he trusts me enough to realize that we'd never betray him like she said we would. But he said he trusts noone but still tries to trust everyone. Well, I guess if things don't improve, I can always go somewhere else..
We shall see.........

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure don't go to work with a smile on my face, quite the opposite.

The pressure to get the mail out, not create overtime is insane. It's a hard, physical job. I can handle that part. It's just that you NEVER hear when a customer praises you to the PM but you sure hear or get a note if there is a complaint....legitimate or not. Never get a thank you when you go over the call of duty, not from management, and you get second guessed all the time.
Its also as boring as can be, the same thing everyday.

But there are good points. The customers I interact with are USUALLY wonderful, especially my older folks at the retirment apartments. And I can't complain about the wages. I would leave cuz I hate it so much, but I'm looking to retirement eventually and I'm counting on this job for that.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my job
The people are great and we always have a good time.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loving your job makes such a big difference. It really is drudgery for those that have to go to a job they hate everyday. I did that for 9 years. It takes a lot of guts to try something new. sometimes you think you might be jumping out of the pan and into the fire. but my advice is to go for it! Of course you should be prepared to support yourself without work for a few months, so with some planning and a goal, you can get out of work you hate.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually love my job, but lately it's been rough. It's a really, really, really busy time for me, and we have a new president who's wife I have to work with. She's an extremely demanding, fussy, nasty individual who expects me to drop everything every time she gets the whim to ask me to do something. That's made it pretty tough for me.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love my job! I have a great, supportive boss and my co-workers are great. I still love my job, even though I'm being laid-off right before christmas.
I was hoping to stay for a good while with the company, but the ways things are going, I'm sure they'll sell.

But I've a new opportunity to do consulting doing web pages and I'm excited and scared!