Work on your birthday?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My birthday falls close enough to Christmas that some years the school is closed by then -- and when it's not, I take an extra day or two out of vacation or accumulated time. I haven't worked on my birthday for years...

Many Happy Returns, Jessy!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

When it falls on a work day yep.
when i worked at an airline, we got our birthday off as a holiday, but i've never gotten it off anywhere else except thru happenstance. mine's on a tuesday this year, so i'll be working on it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I'm lucky....I enjoy working on my Birthday. My co-workers are awesome. I always get a good free lunch and they all give me nice gifts. Of course I do the same for them. Usually whoever's BD it is comes in to find thier office space all decorated. We totally ambushed one guys office a few weeks ago. It was great! Bad part, we have 3 birthdays next month!!!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost always work on my birthday. It's always just before our big annual meeting at work, so there's usually little hope of getting it off.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well this year, I am coming off a night shift on my birthday, going onto a 3 day weekend off,
. I used to work for a company (one that I loved working for too), that used to give you your birthday off paid. You were removed from the call in list that day so you could sit and enjoy "your day". Loved working for that compnay, too bad they closed.