Woohoo! The TCS Show/Chat starts in under one hour!!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I loved the chat and thought it was great. I had some technical difficulties and when I spoke, there was a bad echo.
When I went to close out, I had seven Skype windows open. I think that that was the problem.

Did anyone else keep having guys saying "Hi" during the chat? I think that's where my seven windows got opened, I was clicking on the messages I was getting. Not sure about that though.
I think this has the potential to be really good, it was nice for the first time out and great to hear other members.
~Rhonda

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I am chatting on something like that, I stay on do not disturb, I also have my profile settings switched to only my contacts messaging / calling me so someone has to add me before they can talk to me.

I heard people saying hi who came in the skype room but I know others also had popups that can be stopped by setting your profile to not let randoms speak to you outside of skypecasts

ETA: would help if I told you where to do that, from your main skype page, Tools > Options > Privacy > Only people on my contacts. If you go into a group room, you can speak there and hear them, but they wont be able to message you privately and add you to rooms if you don't add them

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

If I am chatting on something like that, I stay on do not disturb, I also have my profile settings switched to only my contacts messaging / calling me so someone has to add me before they can talk to me.

I heard people saying hi who came in the skype room but I know others also had popups that can be stopped by setting your profile to not let randoms speak to you outside of skypecasts

ETA: would help if I told you where to do that, from your main skype page, Tools > Options > Privacy > Only people on my contacts. If you go into a group room, you can speak there and hear them, but they wont be able to message you privately and add you to rooms if you don't add them
"Invisible" seems to work, too. I was getting popups till I switched to that. However, I could see who else was "invisible", so I'm not sure how that works.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to have to try that. I kept getting tons of messages from people I didn't know that were trying to chat.

I've changed my profile and added a cute avatar, and went out and bought a headset with a mic today, so just need to test it. Maybe I'll be able to talk next time.