Wooden scratch post holder?

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey folks,

I've been using the carboard cat scrather things (i.e. wihiskercity or "alpine" cat scratchers) and the cats love them. But, I'm not thrilled with the looks of the cardboard holders, plus I've been having the weight them down (with rocks and bricks inside the carboard holders) to keep my cat from moving them around when scratching.

Has anyone ever seen a wooden cardboard insert holder that's at an angle (similar to the alpine scratchers)? I'd really like to get a better looking holder, plus, hopefully with the heavier wood and it maybe having "legs" would keep it from sliding around.

It may sound odd, but I was watching the dvd that the shelter gave us when we adopted Toby and in their shots of cat scratchers, they had a wooden holder at an angle, a verticle wooden holder, etc (of course, they could have had them made for the show, but I doubt it).

Thanks!
Art
p.s. here is a plastic scratching post that might work ok and doesn't look so tacky, but has anyone tried it? I'm not sure if it will be long enough for my 14lb cat. http://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-SBE-...1748702&sr=1-1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply.
I might end up doing that, but I move the posts around a good bit, so I'll have to pick a permanant location first.
Thanks!

coriona_vanord

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your help!
I think the ones down at the bottom of the page in this link you posted are exactly the ones in the video! Thanks! I'll have to save up some $$, but hopefully I'll be able to get some classier looking scratching furniture. http://www.catclaws.com/cat-scratching-pads.php

Thanks again!
Art